Jump to content

Ideas #020: 21313 - Ship In a Bottle

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

They want good initial sales to reseller scum looking for the free promo.

Which is still worth it, though the selling price is moving downhill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Haay said:

Which is still worth it, though the selling price is moving downhill. 

 It'll soon go up again when it's OOS for the official release day lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

 It'll soon go up again when it's OOS for the official release day lol

I was talking about the free (60 Years of the Brick) promo though. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, Haay said:
Looks like the Black Seas Barracuda from the 60 Years of the Brick promo fits quite well inside the bottle, by just removing the top of the masts (with the flags):
source: http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-ideas-schiff-in-der-flasche-mit-mini-barracuda-auf-dem-weg-nach-braunschweig-43515/


I went to the store yesterday and I asked a manager about this and she got excited, brought out the Bottle and checked. Almost perfect fit.

This little 60th BSB might get quite the display potential. I could also see it working well as a prop in the new Roller Coaster set.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, squeakdigital00 said:

Can you order back to back orders on shop at home since this is limit 1? Without problems.

I'm not sure what the current situation is in the US, but at least here in Europe for a while now LEGO tracks how many sets were ordered per address and matches that with the limit number. There is a time-out on that though, so after maybe half a year previous orders will not be counted any longer. But for now, if it's limit 1 (or limit 2, or 3) you can't order more than that number on your account/address. A subsequent order will be cancelled and if you try it multiple times your account might well be flagged for official ban...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The fact this one hasn't sold out upon release doesn't bode well for investment potential

Is the bottle half empty or half full then?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this set is not overproduced and sells poorly like the Maze, I think it will bring good returns. My fear is they have already produced too many in the initial run and it'll stay around like Adventure Time. IMO this set looks really ugly, especially the bottle which looks like it has cracks in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CLMF said:

If this set is not overproduced and sells poorly like the Maze, I think it will bring good returns. My fear is they have already produced too many in the initial run and it'll stay around like Adventure Time. IMO this set looks really ugly, especially the bottle which looks like it has cracks in it.

Yes, I like sets that don´t get a lot of initial hype or sales so the bottle is half full for me.

Has to be said reviews have not been great and you are paying a lot to get what is basically a minibuild ship and loads of transparent tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.2.2018 at 1:22 PM, Haay said:

I'm not sure what the current situation is in the US, but at least here in Europe for a while now LEGO tracks how many sets were ordered per address and matches that with the limit number. There is a time-out on that though, so after maybe half a year previous orders will not be counted any longer. But for now, if it's limit 1 (or limit 2, or 3) you can't order more than that number on your account/address. A subsequent order will be cancelled and if you try it multiple times your account might well be flagged for official ban...

From my experience it's about the IP adress(es) ordered from (Device and|or Connection), not the adress the packages are sent to. So ordering via different accounts with different mail addresses wont help as long as you use the same pc (and no IP stealth services).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...