Ideas #020: 21313/92177 - Ship In a Bottle

Alpinemaps

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Migration said:

Cheers y’all. This set is a great build. Surprisingly solid when finished.

Just built mine too. First day purchase, no ragrets. Fun build and looks great. 

PS: You've got the bottom of the bottle installed wrong, it should be turned a quarter turn :)

18 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

So, just a guess....you didn’t count the trans-blue studs to make sure there were exactly 284?

Damn, the temptation is great to just dump all of them into the bottle. However you're right that one has to count these to make sure one doesn't deviate from the official build. Otherwise one gets into mod territory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sold out in local stores.  Demand is higher than Lego forecast.  My store manager mentioned that customers are saying its a good value (PPB).  However, 30% of the piece count is the "water", so its a bit of a false metric on this set.  Hopefully Lego doesn't catch on and start loading up sets with small loose pieces.  (I imagine the mining sets could have come with "dirt" to dig and scoop to boost the piece counts.)

1 minute ago, DadsAFOL said:

Sold out in local stores.  Demand is higher than Lego forecast.  My store manager mentioned that customers are saying its a good value (PPB).  However, 30% of the piece count is the "water", so its a bit of a false metric on this set.  Hopefully Lego doesn't catch on and start loading up sets with small loose pieces.  (I imagine the mining sets could have come with "dirt" to dig and scoop to boost the piece counts.)

006+-+Copy.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Well there are plenty of sets that are 100% turd, so why not?

The fake piece count thing has been going on for years anyway - we are only safe with Duplo in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #020: 21313/92177 - Ship In a Bottle