31084 - Pirate Roller Coaster

John82

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

When it gets to 66% off?

Honestly, probably 1 at the typical % off RRP at WM then wait for discounts on the other two. I am jonesing bad for this set. I am really excited to see MOC's from multiple kits of this and the Expert model. Its tempting to abandon all my currently collected themes and go all in on amusement.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Honestly, probably 1 at the typical % off RRP at WM then wait for discounts on the other two. I am jonesing bad for this set. I am really excited to see MOC's from multiple kits of this and the Expert model. Its tempting to abandon all my currently collected themes and go all in on amusement.

You may want to get the Friends one first as that will retire first.

People been waiting 40 years for a coaster and two come along at the same time.

49 minutes ago, Val-E said:

You may want to get the Friends one first as that will retire first.

People been waiting 40 years for a coaster and two come along at the same time.

That was my first grab when they were on sale so I have the complete line of Friends Amusement + Poly x2. Might try for another Bumper Car to make it a true bumper car set. Ferris Wheel and Carousel are also obtained so I am trying really hard to find the Fairground Mixer at a good deal. Knowing the New Expert coaster will be around a while once released, I'll probably wait on that one and supplement my needs with this new Pirates one. Growing up I had most of the first line of Pirates so I should be set there creating more themed parts. Now to just sell off some of my new/used inventory to fund this madness and find display space. 

Edited by CosmicSpeed

17 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm just wondering why two roller coasters in the same year?  Maybe a little overkill.  It will hurt sales of both IMO.

I think of it the same as the Creator 3-in-1s and the Modulars.  I doubt each hurts the sales of the others.  Some people can shell out $250 for a modular.  Others can only shell our $40 for a smaller building.  Same with this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Still undecided about investment potential, but this is one of the best Creator sets I've ever seen - might need 3 to make all of the alternate builds.

I stopped by the Lego store today to get the Incredibles Brickheadz and talked a little about this with the associate I am familiar with. She says that literally every week she has people asking for Pirate themed sets. Nostalgia + RollerCoaster elements will make for a really popular set.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...