31084 - Pirate Roller Coaster

John82

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Pffft...You guys all suck.  *I* like it!

Cool that it's a 3-in-1.  It doesn't have to be freaking huge.  Just gotta be able to motorize the thing.

Motorise? A tight elastic band would give that wagon enough juice to travel round a couple of laps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

Don't forget this is the regular Creator 3-in-1 series. It doesn't mean there isn't a bigger more advanced Creator Expert (Fairground sub-theme?) Rollercoaster set in the works... :) 

Don´t forget there is a Friends one still on sale in Europe and the Joker Mansion one. Or have rollercoasters replaced City helicopters?

Edited by Val-E
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Haay said:

The Friends set doesn't use these new rollercoaster track elements but instead uses standard railroad tracks. :P 

Interesting  article on HB about all the sets using new rollercoaster parts. You wonder why it took them so long to make them.

https://www.hothbricks.com/rollercoaster-lego-set-creator-quelques-rails-differentes-boites/

Edited by Val-E

18 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Yes please. The set is a nice call-back to the original Pirates theme and has some neat alternate builds. I am still kicking myself for not getting the Fairground Mixer, and I would probably get 3 of these just to create all the sets. 

Maybe they should consider making a monorail with pirates, castle,  classic space and farm elements to cover all bases.

Edited by Val-E

2 or 3 of these put together will work to upgrade the coaster to fit in with other expert creator amusement park and plenty of opportunity for coaster moc.    when you factor in all the little parts needed to make up the coaster, side building , i am guessing this will come in at $80-100.  looks like the other 2 builds are amusement park related .

Edited by cladner

16 hours ago, Val-E said:

I guess that´s the Creator rollercoaster people were speculating about. Meh.

Bzzzzzzt, sorry but you are wrong. A roller coaster infused with the Pirate theme is some nice 'out of the box' thinking that we were hoping LEGO would bring us more of. This is one to keep an eye on for sure.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Bzzzzzzt, sorry but you are wrong. A roller coaster infused with the Pirate theme is some nice 'out of the box' thinking that we were hoping LEGO would bring us more of. This is one to keep an eye on for sure.

at 60% off I´ll keep both eyes on it.

well me and the girlfriend love it - we are working on building a whole theme park. Yes would love a big proper creator one but this will add colour and looks good as a 'kiddy coaster' plus get two and we'll get to add a pair of rides to the park for (hopefully) price of one creator ride ?

Edited by Graphicski
Get rid of stupid underlines!
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...