– 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback (75884) – 14,99 Euro
– Ford Fiesta M-Sporr WRC (75885) – 14,99 Euro
– Ferrari 488 GT3 Scuderia Corsa (75886) – 14,99 Euro
– Porsche 919 Hyrid (75887) – 14,99 Euro
– Porsche 911 RSR und Porsche 911 Turbo (75888) – 39,99 Euro
– Ferrari Garage, Ferrari 250 GTO und Ferrari 488 GT (75889) – 99,99 Euro

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I hope Speed Champions continues. This is a strong line-up. Lego just needs to keep getting the licenses to make these. Ill take as many stickers as needed, these have good resale and are fun to build.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

The lead designer quit LEGO and moved with his wife in august/september to UK.. so they would have to find some replacement for him.

Edited by crayxlp

The lead designer quit LEGO and moved with his wife in august/september to UK.. so they would have to find some replacement for him.

I remember seeing that he wasn't with Lego anymore. Its hard to gauge this further. In the US, this line is specific to only TRU and Lego so seeing this beyond 2018 might be tough with the issues TRU is going through. Lego has had a Racers line of some sort for a while, so there is hope if they discontinue it after next year.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, Val-E said:

The Ferrari set is a real gem with 3 wonderfuly executed designs.

I agree, a must buy at -50% or even at 3-for-2 ;-)

is it just me.. or the box dimensions are a bit "off" (compared e.g. to previous 75876 set)?  .. I love Speed Champions - but I dislike this box art.. one of the worse in my opinion. The front side?  Like somebody was just learning what the PS is for..  I will definitely buy this one, but its the least plausible cover design Ive seen..  Look at the changes they made  - no pole flag, no minifig head..  way too conservative (strict dividing line betwen the header with Speed Champs logo and the rest of the picture/set).. uggh! awful graphics design!

for comparison:

75876_alt1.jpg

Edited by crayxlp

.. this really turned me on! .. I cant believe, I mean "I DONT believe this is Craig Callum's work.. the wall / building and garage furnishing is so blatantly lame and flat that this could not pass through the IDEAS review stage most likely. just compare that new Ferrari garage against Porsche garage that I submitted. Its a totally different level of quality..  

I believe that the new Ferrari set is a work of some Chinese designer. Too much red elements in the set (OK, I know its Ferrari's flagship color).. but the use of it.. that gate behind one of the cars that is on a platform resembles pretty much some entrance or door to some ancient temple (again, compare it to the similar structure in Porsche garage - much more detailed and inspired).  The layout of the scene is totally FLAT and unimaginative .. Porsche garage has a minifig chasing a wheel - what xtra lively is in the Ferrari settings? 

The finishing gate in this arched form with a couple of red pieces at the top.. one could see in it the ancient chinese flags / monuments. And the background scenery? What country should that one represent.. ? Italy? So deserted, not a single house.. mist overall.. again, Id say its China with its vast land.

Edited by crayxlp

14 hours ago, crayxlp said:

The finishing gate in this arched form with a couple of red pieces at the top.. one could see in it the ancient chinese flags / monuments. And the background scenery? What country should that one represent.. ? Italy? So deserted, not a single house.. mist overall.. again, Id say its China with its vast land.

Looks a bit like Mugello to me.

To be fair, Lego sell toys and are not portrait painters. The focus has to be on the cars not the background.

I think the Porsche 911 set is a rehash of the S1 version and we alredy go the previous iteration of the 919 hybrid so the standout models are the classic Mustang, the Fiesta rally car and the 250 GTO. Why they felt the need to put the 488 gt3 in 2 sets in the same year with so many other classic Ferraris that could have been chosen is a mystery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

To be fair, Lego sell toys and are not portrait painters. The focus has to be on the cars not the background.

I think the Porsche 911 set is a rehash of the S1 version and we alredy go the previous iteration of the 919 hybrid so the standout models are the classic Mustang, the Fiesta rally car and the 250 GTO. Why they felt the need to put the 488 gt3 in 2 sets in the same year with so many other classic Ferraris that could have been chosen is a mystery.

I was not talking about some picturesque backdrop on the box covers, but the pure fact that almost everyone of them has something "asian" / chinese as a scenery.. you can see some specific pines or firs on the 75885 snowy box art,  could be Gobi sand desert on 75884. As for the other remark that these are just unfinished mock-ups . its particularly visible on the sides - some of the boxes have there warning information and stuff like that, some have Speed logo there, some not.. 

• 2 weeks later...

The set looks fantastic! Especially the new printed tiles which include the mustang logo on the the 1 x 1 tile round. Let us know your thoughts on the upcoming Ford Mustang Fastback in the comments section below!

39495725284_1304aa363b.jpg                          40174098422_a5fe4fcf42.jpg

26334501468_7f0a649abc.jpg                       26334501638_1d7aaa332a.jpg

Ford and LEGO® are celebrating Ford’s heritage by adding a 1968 Mustang fastback race car to the LEGO Speed Champions lineup.

As a tribute to America’s favorite sports car, the 183-piece Ford Mustang kit features green bodywork with gold dual stripes and wheels, race graphic stickers, removable windscreen and a mini-figure driver wearing a classic racing suit. For added fun, the race car set includes a Ford-branded timing board.
“The new Ford Mustang LEGO Speed Champions set gives parents and children the chance to share their passions – generations of fans have grown up building LEGO sets and spending time together behind the wheel,” said Myra Lind, LEGO Speed Champions marketing manager. “This partnership of iconic brands allows kids of all ages to enjoy the latest products from two great companies.”
As a natural fit for the new 2018 Mustang launch – the most personalized Mustang ever – Ford’s Design and Licensing teams worked closely with LEGO to create a 1968 Mustang fastback race car set that speaks to the passion, creativity and personalization pony car fans will appreciate.
“We worked closely with LEGO to design a vintage Mustang, personalizing the fastback with stripes and decals that harken back to Ford’s racing heritage,” said Matt Monroe, Ford licensing manager. “This 1968 Mustang fastback race car is a special product that adds even more excitement to Ford’s LEGO Speed Champions lineup.”
On sale March 1, the 1968 Ford Mustang joins the historic Ford GT40 and new Ford GT race cars, Ford F-150 Raptor high-performance off-road truck, a Ford Fiesta WRC rally car, a classic Ford hot rod and a 2015 Ford Mustang as part of the LEGO Speed Champions Ford collection.

Edited by warezz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...