75222 - MBS: Betrayal at Cloud City

TargetZero

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

I'm digging the idea pictured above.

Unless some of these "you tube JERKS" is able to provide some trustworthy box art picture - I say they are just fishing for publicity + ads income from you tube. you all see how many of these FREAKS are able to put up some "video" on you tube consisting of just just freak show of already leaked LEGO sets - just "improved" by theatrical zoom-ins.. zooms-out.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

The dumbest expectation is the Death Star retiring so this can replace it. 

LOL...People never learn.

Just now, crayxlp said:

Unless some of these "you tube JERKS" is able to provide some trustworthy box art picture - I say they are just fishing for publicity + ads income from you tube. you all see how many of these FREAKS are able to put up some "video" on you tube consisting of just just freak show of already leaked LEGO sets - just "improved" by theatrical zoom-ins.. zooms-out.. 

True...but the creative MOC shows that it is indeed a viable UCS set if LEGO so desired.  

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I'll put this in the vault, thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

LOL...People never learn.

True...but the creative MOC shows that it is indeed a viable UCS set if LEGO so desired.  

as for the MOCs.. I have seen such a beautiful CIty Train station like a couple of months ago. it as GORGEOUS! .. one of the pics below.. (but sadly these are not the original that looked WAAY much better). however it is still the same model

train 0.jpg

train 1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

as for the MOCs.. I have seen such a beautiful CIty Train station like a couple of months ago. it as GORGEOUS! .. one of the pics below.. (but sadly these are not the original that looked WAAY much better). however it is still the same model

train 0.jpg

train 1.jpg

There are a lot of talented builders out there no doubt.  The IDEAS theme has only scratched the surface.  One of my favorite parts of this site is when The Orc King posts in this thread...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

It was my hope that 10188 was retiring to make way for Cloud City.  Alas, that did not happen.  Would be surprised if they ran concurrently, but I'll take it if true.  

Who ever thought there would be an $800 falcon on the market at the same time as some of these other big sets?  Choices choices, I'm not sure Lego are making the right choices?  If they  think they are attracting investors to dump billions into their company by buying up big sets like they have in the past, they should look elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Who ever thought there would be an $800 falcon on the market at the same time as some of these other big sets?  Choices choices, I'm not sure Lego are making the right choices?  If they  think they are attracting investors to dump billions into their company by buying up big sets like they have in the past, they should look elsewhere.

I don't see a Falcon to be a direct competitor to a Death Star like Cloud City would be.  Price wise, yes.  But they(MF/DS) are totally different in what they are and how they display.    A Cloud City would definitely cannibalize sales away from Death Star in a way that I don't think MF would impact as much.  All I know for sure is that if they make Cloud City you better get in line because it will sell out immediately.  

• Like 1

Well I for one am exited about an ultimate collectors Cloud City set....wayy over due from 2003 as a "playset"...the rumored price point is$500

...and was leaked as a direct to consumer Set suggesting it may have 4500-5000 pieces eluding to a UCS set.

set # 75222 is the leaked set # for this set in 2018.

AND if you type "ucs cloud City" in the Brickpicker search engine it Actually locates that set number as well. Coincidence? Probably not...nevertheless I'm stoked to anticipate this release

IMG_2258.PNG

Edited by ChadWick1e46

I don't see a Falcon to be a direct competitor to a Death Star like Cloud City would be.  Price wise, yes.  But they(MF/DS) are totally different in what they are and how they display.    A Cloud City would definitely cannibalize sales away from Death Star in a way that I don't think MF would impact as much.  All I know for sure is that if they make Cloud City you better get in line because it will sell out immediately.  

I am not sure cannibalizing would be a problem. your average buyer looking at the two is always going to choose the DS. cloud city is more for hard core fans and collectors who either already have a DS or just not interested in the design.

15 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Yep...Too many expensive choices in my opinion.  Most fans cannot afford them all and if investors are only buying one, it will hurt.  If they have another down year, what will they do?  

27 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Yep...Too many expensive choices in my opinion.  Most fans cannot afford them all and if investors are only buying one, it will hurt.  If they have another down year, what will they do?  

I might be wrong, but I think they might be entering into the "throw everything against the wall, and see what sticks" phase.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I might be wrong, but I think they might be entering into the "throw everything against the wall, and see what sticks" phase.

True.  They have seemed to have tried everything.  Maybe they should have just left things alone and kept sets retiring on a regular basis, stopped the BS reissues and moderated production.  My gut feeling is that it will be another off year, especially in the US.  

9 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

If you look at the other videos in his channel I would come to the conclusion that this is another wish video

i looked and it doesnt confirmed nothing on other videos but just sharing info that i've heard else where, this time he does confirm it with price...

• 3 months later...

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

any word on a twin pod cloud car?

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

• 2 weeks later...