75222 - MBS: Betrayal at Cloud City

TargetZero

It’s a cruel irony that this upcoming set is named the Betrayal cloud city once again Lego has cheesed out this set with overpriced price point; and UCS tag that really shouldn’t, be on this play set at all. You would think the Lego plan would’ve learnt from the dismal attempt at attack on hoth ?‍♂️
I guess everybody’s expectations are pretty high.
LEGO please do better!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NZ-EUG said:

It’s a cruel irony that this upcoming set is named the Betrayal cloud city once again Lego has cheesed out this set with overpriced price point; and UCS tag that really shouldn’t, be on this play set at all. You would think the Lego plan would’ve learnt from the dismal attempt at attack on hoth ?‍♂️
I guess everybody’s expectations are pretty high.
LEGO please do better!

It’s not a UCS set though. 

4 hours ago, Furious_george said:

It’s not a UCS set though. 

Exactly!... it’s Not a UCS set! It is a completely new Lego Star Wars line Called “the Master Builders Series”, however there seems to be a LOT of confusion over this all over U-tube or social media. The most intresting U-tube statement was made by the polish guy “Mike” at “BrickVault” when he gave his first impressions. He got a lot of stuff wrong and missed a lot of details especially with the minifigs but the thing that stuck out is when the guy says “ the Lego ultimate Collector Series is done and replaced by the ‘master builder series’ “ and I was like Dude! Get your Facts right before opening your Mouth! Lol 

If anyone knows of what he’s saying is legit I’m shocked cause Let’s face it, collectibility is an AFOL thing and good luck sellin these Disney induced overpriced playsets 

Update he’s saying there was a Lego Press release explaining the discontinuation of the UCS line to be changed to the”Star Wars master builders line” 

i still don’t believe it... hope it’s not true but if it is all those sets with the UCS stamped on the box will be more appealing to collectors and resellers.

Edited by ChadWick1e46
Update

Either way, it’s a set that has heaps of minifigs and as far as I can see , almost all the scenes I can remember from this part of the  movie. It s not  the enormous  display piece that older LEGO nerds want and yes  its expensive , but even I could play with this. 

Edited by Furious_george

18 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Either way, it’s a set that has heaps of minifigs and as far as I can see , almost all the scenes I can remember from this part of the  movie. It s not  the enormous  display piece that older LEGO nerds want and yes  its expensive , but even I could play with this. 

Yup the minifigs are dope! And you are right!.. who could not resist the temptation ....?

sold!

E4C35C13-C4D8-40DE-91CC-C583B10F08D3.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

2 hours ago, ChadWick1e46 said:

Yup the minifigs are dope! And you are right!.. who could not resist the temptation ....?

sold!

E4C35C13-C4D8-40DE-91CC-C583B10F08D3.jpeg

Just wait patiently. The minifigures will come with smaller sets in 1-2 years or even earlier.

• Sad 1

I had more time to look at the pics of this set. 

The design is growing on me. I get why it’s not a playset shaped sphere like 10188 (and 10188 Take 2).  Some areas of 10188 require very little hands to play but I get that set is intended for kids.

The minifigs are awesome.

i can leave with the price tag.  The set uses large elements are used and it’s pretty huge overall  after built.

My disappoints ...

Not being able to rearrange the sections for easier display.  I can’t see too many kids having success pushing and pulling out from under the bed to play with.  Also, the mini vehicles are a waste in my book.  The carbonate freeze room is an embarrassment.

Just an observation, but someone (or group) at LEGO is really on an Empire Strikes Back kick.  Look at recent releases: Snowspeeder, MF with Hoth minifigures and breathers from ESB, and now we have a Bespin playset.  Is this typical of LEGO to go on a series from a particular movie?  Will next year focus on ROTJ?

23 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Just an observation, but someone (or group) at LEGO is really on an Empire Strikes Back kick.  Look at recent releases: Snowspeeder, MF with Hoth minifigures and breathers from ESB, and now we have a Bespin playset.  Is this typical of LEGO to go on a series from a particular movie?  Will next year focus on ROTJ?

Add in AoH UCS set (recently retired), Slave1 UCS, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Yodas Hut, Boba Fett buildable....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

Add in AoH UCS set (recently retired), Slave1 UCS, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Yodas Hut, Boba Fett buildable....

Boba Fett buildable shows him flying over the sarlacc pit so that's ROTJ ;)

But your point is still very much valid. Much love for the 5th movie from Lego...

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

75192 not float your boat?

Main issue for me is that most of them are remakes.

At £649.99 it sinks my boat! Way too much for something with an unfinished floppy arse end! ?

5 hours ago, exracer327 said:

LEGO needed something to balance out those Solo & Ep8 sets they were contractually forced to make and nobody really wanted to buy... 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2018 at 10:13 PM, Val-E said:

Box Dimensions: 59.8 cm x 49.9 cm x 26.5 cm. This seems to be a totally new box shape.

Article on Brick Fan almost confirming that 75222 is UCS Cloud City, so if any mod feels like changing the thread title.....

the box dimensions are total NONSENSE.. you (of all) should know better than that.. compare the number of pieces to similar sets + look at the original box art pictures.. there is nothing (even closely) resembling that fathom depth. it must be just some typo.. it looks more or less that the box depth is between 12-16 cm.

Edited by crayxlp

19 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

the box dimensions are total NONSENSE.. you (of all) should know better than that.. compare the number of pieces to similar sets + look at the original box art pictures.. there is nothing (even closely) resembling that fathom depth. it must be just some typo.. it looks more or less that the box depth is between 12-16 cm.

Perhaps that´s the lego shipping carton and 2 fit inside.

Same as the prior Cloud City and in the same vein as the Death Star, it is unsurprisingly a playset except vastly improved from the original design. A high price point however I spot numerous types of large plates and pieces. I can only imagine how much this thing weighs. Almost an "all-in-one" layout similar to Assault on Hoth yet by comparison the Hoth set felt or appeared altogether complete then again there really is no way conceivable to create the entire Cloud City outside of what LEGO just did with Hogwarts Castle. There simply is too much of a city to cover aside from the most noteworthy scenes many of which have been done separately I believe. The redesigned Slave I and Cloud Car are nice.

On one hand it is fun playset for the family with just about everything memorable conveniently included in a single set. On the other almost each individual component have been done as separate sets and in ways were better but then again said sets are no longer available. Perhaps LEGO could have released this in more detailed subsections with modular connectivity between them (Cloud City Landing Pad with Slave I, Han's Torture Chamber, the "I am your Father!" scene, and etcetera). Problem therein each could have retailed shy of a hundred dollars not to mention the amount of shelf space (in store & at home) taken by them all.

• Like 3