Worst theme of 2017

Which was your least favourite theme of 2017?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your least favourite theme of 2017?

• Ideas
    • Lego Ninjago Movie
    • Classic Ninjago
    • Elves
    • Friends
    • Creator (expert and 3-in-1)
    • Speed Champions
    • Star Wars
    • Super Heroes (DC, Marvel, Girls)
    • Duplo
    • Juniors
    • Disney
    • Brickheadz
    • Classic
    • City
    • Minecraft
    • Technic
    • Nexo
    • Lego Batman Movie
    • Architecture

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2018 at 02:57 PM

I voted nexo, but thinking about it more I kinda want to take it back. If I look at the themes frim the perspective of their intended audience, instead of my own personal taste, I come up with a more deserving “worst theme”.

Nexo is intended for nerdy young boys, basically me when I was a kid, and really, I probably would have loved the theme. I was all about classic space/futron/iceplanet...and castle was my second favorite theme. I had zero interest in town/city stuff. Nexo knights would’ve been cool to 10 year old me. 

I don’t get Minecraft at all. But I guess for Minecraft loving kids the sets are good. 

Brickheadz...they’re growing on me. They look better in person to me, and are something to collect, which is fun. I don’t think it’s a fail that there’s so many out there on clearance now, there were probably just a ton made. 

Super heroes...I’m having a hard time coming up with a set anyone would want to have without the minifigures.  The best is probably the spidey bridge. 

Creator expert: Taj Mahal. Boo. 

Batman movie... so many sets. So many minifigs. My kids love them. Some of the sets are really well designed. 

My new vote for worst theme: city

even when I think about the themes intended audience it’s just not anything special. Seems like all remakes of stuff kids already have. I understand always having a police/fire station available. But the same old things like mobile police unit, and all the helicopters...just lame. 

On 12/31/2017 at 4:21 PM, exciter1 said:

The real one isn't listed.  CMF, going down hill every year.

Hear hear. I second this. I used to look forward to CMF releases. Now I could care less. The last year or so, shows that Lego is thinking the same.

Surprised at how the votes are, so far.

I put down Architecture.  I loved that series a couple of years ago.  Now, not really.

I enjoy microbuilds, but the skylines just don't work for me.  I'd rather have more awesome buildings, like The Louvre, than the Shanghai skyline.  There are so many great monuments around the world that could be built.  It's a shame they just aren't making them like they used it.

• Like 1

I voted Technic.
After an extremely good year in 2016 with the Claas Xerion, The Bucket Wheel Excavator and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, the supposed big aniversary of 40 years LEGO Technic was such a disappointment. The big flagship set 6x6 Tow truck 42070 was hopelessly overpriced and badly designed, no real highlights in the line at all (42069 Extreme Offroad was an interesting build but a meh-vehicle overall)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I voted Technic.
After an extremely good year in 2016 with the Claas Xerion, The Bucket Wheel Excavator and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, the supposed big aniversary of 40 years LEGO Technic was such a disappointment. The big flagship set 6x6 Tow truck 42070 was hopelessly overpriced and badly designed, no real highlights in the line at all (42069 Extreme Offroad was an interesting build but a meh-vehicle overall)

Agreed it has generally been a poor year for Technic but BMW Bike and Air Race Jet just about saved the theme for me. 

If have to agree with @Alpinemaps the trend with releasing more skylines than actual buildings is worrying and frankly boring. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

BrickHeadz.  A bit like Marmite.  Some love them, others hate them.  But majority seem to hate them.  Poor attempt by Lego to tap into the Funko Pop market.

I like some of them but certainly wouldn't collect them all.  My biggest frustration is that most of the ones I actually would like are SDCC exclusives. At least funko pop have standard releases of characters and just have special versions for SDCC.

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 1