Value of bulk lot vs individual sets

Hi. I'm new to this site. I'm selling my son's used Lego sets (I'm in Australia). I have used this website to determine the used value of his sets. There are approx. 60 sets all with instructions. We are wanting to sell as a bulk lot, without sorting the individual sets. (They are however sorted into colours). My question is, how much less should I expect for the lot given that it is mixed. Would 50% of the used value price for the lot be reasonable without underselling? Any advice from Lego enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this topic has been covered before. 

Having instructions and figures greatly increases the value of your lot, but it will never be worth if you separated the sets out, built them, and sold separately as you said.  If you have those things, I don't think there's any reason to think you wouldn't get 50% valuation of used sets if there is good evidence you have those sets essentially complete in the bulk.  Condition plays a big part too.  Not having colored on figures or bitten figures goes a long ways.  If you can separate those out and take pictures of all the figures along with your bulk, that will help.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Legomummy said:

Hi. I'm new to this site. I'm selling my son's used Lego sets (I'm in Australia). I have used this website to determine the used value of his sets. There are approx. 60 sets all with instructions. We are wanting to sell as a bulk lot, without sorting the individual sets. (They are however sorted into colours). My question is, how much less should I expect for the lot given that it is mixed. Would 50% of the used value price for the lot be reasonable without underselling? Any advice from Lego enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this topic has been covered before. 

Im no expert, but with 60 sets you should really also consider the overall weight (and let it be known to the potential buyers).. it happens quite often that people just cant believe how heavy some small box of bricks can be.

• Thanks 1

It is also important to know what sets they are. If they are all City, Classic or Creator 3-in-1s, for instance, it´s probably best just to sell them as a lot like you are doing. If there were any rare or collectible sets, it would definitely make sense to make the effort to piece them together and sell them as the actual sets

• Thanks 1

Bulk lego in Oz goes for around $20 - $30 per kilo. The price will vary based on whether there are minifigures and theme.

You will be very lucky to find someone to pay 50% of RRP of the sets you have.

I would strongly urge you to build the sets and sell on a local facebook site to maximise the amount of money you get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't speak for Australia, but my experience you WON'T get 1/2 of used value for bul.  You would be closer to 1/3, probably closer to 1/5.  Depends upon theme and minifigures.  Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of Caribbean, Lord of the Rings would bring more than city or Nexo Knights.

• Thanks 1

.. and as a rule of thumb (in marketing) .. great pictures make a damned lot! you wont believe it how you can sell (a crap) with professional pictures for x increase of its price.. if you really plan to sell it like a lot.. you have to make it look BIGGER, HUGER.. - not just some "tell it all" picture from above (your head) on the pile of bricks on the carpet around your shoes.. :) .. just a hint

9 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

As a lot it’s going to go by weight. Fancy pics of loose bricks not going to make any difference.

I was talking about "usual / naive / normal" parents who want to get something for the children.. not "professionals" on the 2nd hand LEGo market.