Prince of Persia

Blackjack

I like the sets in general. They are the closest thing that LEGO has to an Arabian theme. Plus I love the 'earthy' tones used. Like what others have said, great parts but lousy investment.

Hmm....

Has anyone noticed a pattern of Disney sets doing poorly?

i wonder how lone ranger will do i only want two set the train and the set with the wild west hooker

i wonder how lone ranger will do i only want two set the train and the set with the wild west hooker

I am hoping and thinking that the overall 'Wild West' feel of the sets will even out or steamroll over the Disney aspect. While I still would rather have a completely original WILD WEST theme again, these are some really good set designs. I'm rather impressed at how realistically well done the stage coach is in that one set. Overall, I'm getting a good fun vibe from the theme. Hopefully I'm right.

And besides, where else can you get a western hooker?

Why we hatin on POP? Where else can you get an awesome racing ostrich?

It's funny how despite everything that is the one set EVERYONE remembers.

Let's see, do you remember the bandit attack? The temple? The race for the dagger?

Nope. OSTRICHES!!

I like the sets in general. They are the closest thing that LEGO has to an Arabian theme. Plus I love the 'earthy' tones used. Like what others have said, great parts but lousy investment.

Hmm....

Has anyone noticed a pattern of Disney sets doing poorly?

Are you insinuating that Star Wars could be next! :)

The camels were delicious haha

They're quite good when well done and served with couscous and curry sauce. That's how I was served camel at the Shepherds' Hotel in Cairo in '76. Tasted just great.

And the minifigs have gone up tremendously in value...new for tan or dark tan start at $8.00 and range up to over $18.00!

I have. Prince of Persia, Cars, and Toy Story have preformed badly. I wonder what the problem is?

I'm not sure but here's my wild guess.

Prince of Persia - Movie did poorly, set designs were so-so

Cars - Simplistic builds, full of 'junior' pieces, nothing for adult builders, very few parts actually usuable in other builds, similiar to RACERS

Toy Story - Each was a 'playset' (play the scene a couple of times, get bored), not much to offer for grown ups

I don't think STAR WARS sets will take a hit just because of the Disney title looming overhead, although certain set designs and their dictatorship, I mean, 'management' could have an adverse effect on ones released with the Disney logo stamped on the box.

The more I think of it, the truth is with Disney sets is their only worth is the parts. The sets are very 'kiddy grade' and have little appeal to adult builders. Maybe parents that build with their children, but not so much by themselves. Plus, Disney has full control over what LEGO can even design at all for their sets.

Yes the sets are awful, but I loved the purple bricks in the construct a zurg set haha. Which might be the worst performing set of all time...

Well besides the little green martian, those purple bricks were the only reason I would have bought that set myself.

Course I didn't, I used that money to buy a bunch of the "Army Men on Patrol" instead.

• 4 months later...

I have. Prince of Persia, Cars, and Toy Story have preformed badly. I wonder what the problem is?

I disagree. I think they did poorly because of different reasons than just being Disney.

POP is kind of random. The movie did horribly and the theme suffered because of it.

The Toy Story and Cars Legos have done horribly because the kids who watch those movies are younger than the target market of legos.

The Toy Story and Cars 2 Duplos are holding around retail and the Car 1 sets have done pretty well. 

Cars 2 was arguably the worst Pixar movie so it's not a big surprise the sets haven't done well.