Prince of Persia

Blackjack

Grave Digger?

Gravedigger, Thread Digger, Threadcromancer, ....some other synonym.

It's basically a term we started throwing around for members that leave a post in an old thread and consequently brings it 'back to life' for more discussion.

I think they did poorly because of different reasons than just being Disney.

There are more reasons behind each indivdual themes failure besides sharing the one similarity of being a Disney property but it does feel rather interestingly coincidental.

Guest eightbrick

The movie was ridiculously bad, but the sets are pretty good parts packs, especially since they are easy to find cheap.

Gravedigger, Thread Digger, Threadcromancer, ....some other synonym.

It's basically a term we started throwing around for members that leave a post in an old thread and consequently brings it 'back to life' for more discussion.

Got It! Thanks.

I think that the Quest Against Time set fits in well with the mines of moria...and riddles for the ring...and the random Gollum cave in shelob attacks.

I have not seen the movie, but I know some people that have, those who liked it bought some of the Lego sets. Personally, I think that they are average sets based off a movie, but if there is another movie released, like Star Wars Episode VII, then they might gain some popularity, respect, and value.

So where can I pick these up cheap?  I have one of each unopened, but would actually like to build them!

Most have already been clearanced off from the bigger stores. You might be able to find them cheap on CL, you could still find them in some stores that always keep everything MSRP like Barnes and Noble, or you might be able to get a lot of a few sets for less than MSRP on ebay. Happy hunting! 

I mean, if we're saying Disney=bad investment stop buying POC ships and Marval Super Heroes...

I knew what you were getting at and had only meant in the beginning the pattern of straight up Disney related themes not doing well. I agree there were other variables as to their lack of value but it still is an amusing coincidence. Now you can't really stick Marvel Super Heroes in there since Marvel has been Marvel comics forever way before Disney ever touched that property and not one box has the big "Disney" logo slapped in the top corner like the other Disney related themes did.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...