Need help identifying sets and parts

18 minutes ago, Phil B said:

$310.56

Before or after fees and shipping? 

To answer the question, I don't bid much on used lots unless it is obvious what is in there.  For this, I'd probably pass if it cost anything over $50, and that might be pushing it.

Edited by LegoMan1212

$50 is pushing it. Buy in is important, but it really depends on how much you value your time. You can buy laundry bags at the dollar store and clean them in the washing machine on gentle if you throw some towels in, but the hours it will take to sort and categorize each brick are immense. If you have a system in place and know what you are doing you can get through it in four or five hours. Less if you plan to sort and resell in bulk by color.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I just bought a small tub for $40, but I was able to identify at least 2 sets before buying (Enchanted Island and Original Gungan Sub). For me, I never had those sets growing up and I got lucky in that there aren't any repeats and most are complete sets only missing one or 2 parts.

The two times ive done small bulk buys, it been a "dump and start with some instructions" and if I can't find a part, ill just move to the next instructions.

But yes, the time it takes for this should also be considered. I just like finding sets for personal builds and not to resale in bulk buys.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Not quite the right thread...but can't find the correct one. Anyway...anyone know what set this brush guard/bumper goes to?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Not quite the right thread...but can't find the correct one. Anyway...anyone know what set this brush guard/bumper goes to?

Sorry....here it is20190213_144448.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had this part for a long time and don't know what it is or where it came from.  It's a legitimate Lego piece and is very heavy (53 g).  My wife thought battery at first but there are no connection points for recharging, etc. I thought magnet maybe but I put it all faces against the fridge and none even remotely stuck.  

20190310_101822.jpg

4 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I've had this part for a long time and don't know what it is or where it came from.  It's a legitimate Lego piece and is very heavy (53 g).  My wife thought battery at first but there are no connection points for recharging, etc. I thought magnet maybe but I put it all faces against the fridge and none even remotely stuck.  

I think it's just a weight / ballast brick.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=73090b&name=Brick, Modified 2 x 6 x 2 Weight - Bottom Sealed, Dimple on Ends&category=[Brick, Modified]#T=C

33 minutes ago, dbrouge said:

Thank you!  Totally makes sense, my kid has 4020 in her bathtub upstairs, as least the hull of the ship, the same I had as a kid, it was my brother's.  Never knew where the weight came from.

Screenshot_20190310-105940_Chrome.jpg

• 1 year later...

Came across this ad for a used lot for sale. I am not sure, but it looks like that might be part of The Emerald Night. Can anyone confirm my suspicion? I tried to (and failed) see if I could recognize any of the minifigs from the set. The parts bag in the top right kind of looks like it may have dark green pieces in it as well.

This lot is a 2 hour drive, and while I would love to score a Emerald Night for cheap I also would hate to go all that way for nothing. 8197e4c2db8dfc97a4e960312b699804.jpg