71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1

Alpinemaps

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, stackables said:

So this series has another 1 figures per box gimmick again?  The complete set is 22 figs?  I know basically nothing about harry potter but hard for me to pass on any collectable minifig series.

just buy it from minifugres plus and call it a day 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TedNFlitsBricks said:

If you’re looking at the box face on, 4th from the back, first row on the left. Also, if you believe in bump codes..I got 3 and they all look the same. Just saying. 

If consistent, it's about where the policeman was in 71021.

people are reporting that the quality of the plastic in latest HP series is significantly worse than previous one, arms are flimsy injection marks on arms are significant and minifigures overall feels tad different from previous series. can someone confirm? are they testing the new "green" plastic solution on the minifigs already?

51 minutes ago, Shewie said:

people are reporting that the quality of the plastic in latest HP series is significantly worse than previous one, arms are flimsy injection marks on arms are significant and minifigures overall feels tad different from previous series. can someone confirm? are they testing the new "green" plastic solution on the minifigs already?

I just looked closer at the set I just got and they seem to be the same look and feel as the past CMF's to me.  But I am not a professional so take it for what it's worth.

I've found this series challenging to smoosh.  Series 18 with the police man... those were easy.... huge Lego brick outfits, cake outfit, elephant head... they were so unique that it was very, very simple.  These Harry Potter ones are... the figures are more like "normal" people, with mostly "normal" hair and bodies for example... almost all of them come with the damn wands (which is great value but serves as a distraction when trying to smoosh for unique identifiers).  I've been lucky so far in that I've gotten Qty 13 (including Percival) of the Qty 22 without getting any duplicates (at BN with 10% off per figure).  I wasn't planning to "collect them all" but I'm this close, I might as well keep trying.  Definitely not going to be making the money I was on those policemen, holy smokes were those lucrative.  Percival is hard to find unless it's a new/newish box.

Edited by MusiKyle
Typo

2 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I've found this series challenging to smoosh.  Series 18 with the police man... those were easy.... huge Lego brick outfits, cake outfit, elephant head... they were so unique that it was very, very simple.  These Harry Potter ones are... the figures are more like "normal" people, with mostly "normal" and bodies for example... almost all of them come with the damn wands (which is great value but serves as a distraction when trying to smoosh for unique identifiers).  I've been lucky so far in that I've gotten Qty 13 (including Percival) of the Qty 22 without getting any duplicates (at BN with 10% off per figure).  I wasn't planning to "collect them all" but I'm this close, I might as well keep trying.  Definitely not going to be making the money I was on those policemen, holy smokes were those lucrative.  Percival is hard to find unless it's a new/newish box.

I smooshed 3 percivals in 10 mins, not too bad, guess I was just lucky 

1 minute ago, superlegolover said:

I smooshed 3 percivals in 10 mins, not too bad, guess I was just lucky 

At one per box you must've had 3 boxes in front of you, nice!  The lady at my local BN let me grab the box off the cart and open it myself and get to work.  A lot of my Wal-Marts open the box and dump them all in the metal baskets.. sometimes 2-3 boxes worth of minifigures at a time.  Without knowing what's been picked through that's quite the task of rummaging through 180 minifigures looking for 1.  It's a great pay day when it works out though!  What I've done in the past is gotten a basket upon entering the store and when I get to the Lego aisle I unload all the figures in the metal basket in my shopping basket and then "restock" the metal basket one-by-one as I identify the rejects.  I had to find myself a systematic way or I'd go nuts.

My technique: Grab 5, open, see if I have duplicates, trade duplicates with other HP nerd at the office, narrow down which I need to look for when I have time. A boy and his dad were smooshing the CMF box at the Lego store today. I grabbed 5 randos and walked away. They were still searching for Percival.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

My technique... buy 60 online at a toystore, feel them, keep Percival and the 4 minifigs that have 2 per box, and return the remaining 51.

Or buy the 9 cheapest you can find online and put them with the other 51 and return the whole box of 60 for full refund.

It's not that hard getting the exclusive figures. The policeman cost me 2 euro. Percival 3 euro.

NB. The bump codes are consistent but hard to see. But the figures of the last series were easy and 100% feelable. With HP figs, focus on legs (4 variants) and hairpieces (e.g. Percival has 2 hairpieces, one other fig as well, but different legs).

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

Now I am no expert on eternal damnation, but I believe that such behavior can land you in hell.

Why? It's a very large retailer. That shop earns enough on me :).

Don't be naive thinking if you buy 9 'random' figures at 3rd party seller there will be a chance of a police officer. I got 7 brickguy/brickgirls and 2 flower pots. Of course those 3rd party sellers do the same.

For those couple of euros other people spend hours at the toy shop. I've even seen people hijack boxes and form a team of 'feelers' in store. I refuse that...

21 minutes ago, dmind said:

Don't be naive thinking if you buy 9 'random' figures at 3rd party seller there will be a chance of a police officer. those 3rd party sellers do the same.

I've even seen people hijack boxes and form a team of 'feelers' in store.

All of whom, might be going to hell.

Just kiddin by the way - nobody's going to hell (probably).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1
  • TheOrcKing unpinned this topic