4000028 House & 4000029 Windmill & 4000030 Truck

Phil B

I remember someone saying here that they received theirs and it was numbered higher than 5,000 so I wasn't sure if we know how many were made.

16 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

No automatic alt text available.

Just saw this after posting but this exactly the post I was talking about.

The math adds up.....books are numbered 1/15000 and there are (allegedly) 5000 of each set. Makes sense.....however, what is up with the 5000+ number(s)?? Has anyone seen another one numbered higher than 5000 other than the pic floating around here? Could they have just done 5000 and some change to cover incidentals? 

23 hours ago, melting said:

Yeh those popped seals are disappointing.

and I thought that that special Renault LEGO ultra-limited action in Paris in December was a sloppy one - exactly due to the circular seals that didnt stick to the box. Now I think that i could be to harsh to criticize them on that one.. :/

22 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Could be that they produced 15000 as 5000 of each then numbered them 1-15000 in no particular order. Or it could be that they just weren’t numbered sequentially. 

this is really one of the logical explanations.. however I dont think so.. imagine that you have such a short production line (robots are mostly used on the packing line).. would it make sense to ad-hoc put on the rolling belts different sets just to make it to the end of the conveyor quite unattended in haphazard order.. so that the factory workers would put an ID sticker once on a mill, next time on the truck etc.. 

im not saying that you cant be right.. its just hard to perceive that it would really work this way. I would expect the factory line to produce and pack the entire load of one box .. and then continue to the other one. (you have to think also about the actual paper box in which the bricks are put)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Don’t the 1/15000 books correspond only to the Bricks On A Roll set, not these? 

I got no clue.. other than that that even thebrickfan reported on a limited volume of 5000 for each - and declared this by a released reply/response from the Walmart LEGO team. I sincerely believe that whatever they air - they check twice. my comment was from the other point of view - regarding the logistics.. imagine yourself packing 15.000 boxes of three different products - wouldnt you be better off doing one wave after another?

Edited by crayxlp

on the other side... I just got this idea: 

given that everyone firmly believes and is being convinced by a publicity that there will be ONLY 5.000 pcs of each.. imagine (hypothetically) a situation in 5 years time. Whoever wants to buy one of these sets finds them first on ebay or amazon (each description claiming "one of the only 5.000 limited series").. these buyers might run some Google searches and again get the same info "lmited 5.000 run". Hardly anyone gets to this actual topic.. maybe this topic wont be even available in 5 yrs time :) ... 

so.. if I were in US and had had a chance to purchase these sets i would be probably focusing either on the first one hundred (0-100) or the ones bearing 5000+ seal.. there I feel about it the way those postal stamps collectors collect and revise every single piece.. - does it have the same printing? lettering? edges.. ? Im not sure if there are such hard core fans among AFOLs community but given that they would in 5 yrs time see everywhere "only 5.000 were produced" they might consider anything 5000+ as a rarity and pay for it.

just my view.

Edited by crayxlp