42083 - Bugatti Chiron

Val-E

32 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Sounds cool. I probably shouldn't have started collection the speed champion sets of this then. 

Different target entirely, that'll be no probs. Like nobody ever turned away from a speed champions porsche because of the technic version.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Hopefully it will finally be time for me to pick up a Porsche..... at a huge discount of course! Since the Unimog bombed, I have little faith in overhoarded Technic sets for investment. However, I love building and displaying them.

Another VW group car.... that can only tell us that the 10220 T1 is around for many more years yet ;-(

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Shewie said:

Announcement 7 months in advance?
I think they are trying to convince people to buy Porsche before imminent EOL this year for this set.

50% off is on the way to convincing me ;-)

I can only imagine how many hundreds of thousands of Porsches have been made. The race to the bottom on these won't be much fun and it's definitely a RRP not buy!

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

50% off is on the way to convincing me ;-)

I can only imagine how many hundreds of thousands of Porsches have been made. The race to the bottom on these won't be much fun and it's definitely a RRP not buy!

the cheapest one I saw on retail was Amazon for 165-167.90 and then in late 2016  if I recall during Argos 3 4 2 for one in bundle was 163GBP.
I haven't seen since then cheaper than that. I think it's a solid bottom unless you have discount cards-points-coupons-friends you name it to drive the price even lower than that.

10 minutes ago, Shewie said:

the cheapest one I saw on retail was Amazon for 165-167.90 and then in late 2016  if I recall during Argos 3 4 2 for one in bundle was 163GBP.
I haven't seen since then cheaper than that. I think it's a solid bottom unless you have discount cards-points-coupons-friends you name it to drive the price even lower than that.

Picked up a few of these around the £127 each mark, still in their original lego shipping boxes during one of the Tesco 3 4 2 offers. Lowest I could find it anywhere

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Love the look of it. Would usually be a day 1 purchase for me but seeing how cheap the Porsche got from RRP once it was stocked everywhere I'll hold off.

Same here, but I'll wait as long as I have done for the Porsche if I need to (I'm still waiting!). I've never been a "Day One" buyer of anything as I don't mind waiting and don't want returns either. I know people who camp outside the Apple Store and I struggle to understand why it's so important to them.

50 minutes ago, Feanor said:

MSRP of 369€ according to Twitter.

Seems they are pushing a new limit with Technic to see how far they can go. Porsche sold out at 300 during the initial rush so why not?

The problem is the Chiron is more of a niche brand. Now we know that they will have an 2.5 year life and are not D2C´s, it´s a question of timing purchase for the best possible discounts.

I´m guessing it will be a 400 euro set in Lego taxed countries.

The 42082 crane with 4000 pieces for 230 euros seems like a right bargain.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Yes I can't see any many rushing out to buy this on day one for the full price, knowing that the porsche could be had for 20-30% off almost it's entire life...

It will sell out due to initial demand from genuine buyers and quick flippers as have all recent big sets. I want one but I suspect I have enough parts to be able to build it by cannibalising the Porsche and some other sets - only the rims are likely to be exclusive.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems they are pushing a new limit with Technic to see how far they can go. Porsche sold out at 300 during the initial rush so why not?

The problem is the Chiron is more of a niche brand. Now we know that they will have an 2.5 year life and are not D2C´s, it´s a question of timing purchase for the best possible discounts.

I´m guessing it will be a 400 euro set in Lego taxed countries.

The 42082 crane with 4000 pieces for 220 euros seems like a right bargain.

I'll take a stab ar £349.99 in the UK - too much!

The crane will probably be discounted more and other cranes have done very well. I cleaned up with the 42042 Crawler Crane last year.

I wish LEGO would also put the weight on the box as I'm sick of hearing about piece-count-this, piece-count-that. How much sodding plastic are we getting FCOL!

14 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I'm more than certain they will implement at lest few new pieces with this to compensate lack of curved pieces in their current portfolio because of shape of the car to make it as accurate as possible.

Well, the rims are curved!

15 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'll take a stab ar £349.99 in the UK - too much!

The crane will probably be discounted more and other cranes have done very well. I cleaned up with the 42042 Crawler Crane last year.

I wish LEGO would also put the weight on the box as I'm sick of hearing about piece-count-this, piece-count-that. How much sodding plastic are we getting FCOL!

It´s going to be a bad boy as it uses the same box as BWE. More or less the same part count and price with same power functions. The tyres will be the main difference.

35 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The Porsche also got some non-AFOL buzz to help generate that initial rush.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard of a Bugatti Chiron.  If it's talked about elsewhere it could be one to watch for a quick flip, but after the initial window it'll just be like any other Technic.

46 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It will sell out due to initial demand from genuine buyers and quick flippers as have all recent big sets. I want one but I suspect I have enough parts to be able to build it by cannibalising the Porsche and some other sets - only the rims are likely to be exclusive.

I didnt know that they made a "blue version" of the Porsche.. or vice versa -  orange Chiron :D

1 hour ago, hockeyweasel said:

The Porsche also got some non-AFOL buzz to help generate that initial rush.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard of a Bugatti Chiron.  If it's talked about elsewhere it could be one to watch for a quick flip, but after the initial window it'll just be like any other Technic.

Bugatti is quite the famous brand, although it is another Volkswagen property (the original brand died almost 100 years ago, then got resurrected by VW). This monster has 16 cylinders as I recall.