42083 - Bugatti Chiron

Val-E

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

The Porsche never did it for me and this is more of the same. Saves me money for HP. 

I agree. I am a huge car fan and have the complete SC line (stickers and all), but the Porsche never really did anything for me, and now after seeing pictures, this is more of the same. Like you I will be holding out for new HP sets and the Roller Coaster in a year or two if I can find a damaged box. I am interested to see the engine from this beast, but thats about it.

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Folks, it’s a Technic set. Looks are secondary, it’s the mechanisms inside that make or break these sets, and we won’t know much about those from just a picture of (part of) the sets front box cover .....

At the price they are charging, I feel that looks ARE important. After all, they are going the premium packaging route....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

At the price they are charging, I feel that looks ARE important. After all, they are going the premium packaging route....

I personally agree.  Even though MOC'ers can use techniques which are considered illegal, there is something wrong when MOC's look way better than TLG product.  The Porsche which TLG did was IMO the best one available.

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Exactly.. What I don't understand is why can't the stick to cars that will actually look good. It's not as if there are not loads of amazing MOC's they could copy... 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO have created yet another abomination and another set to not add to my list. Does this company ever listen to its customers? At least the Porsche looks like a Porsche.

Not a big fan of the Bugatti but this LEGO set does look like the car.  At least as best LEGO can do. 

I would love to see a Ferrari 488 GTB GT3, similar to this: (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZGrNZ). 

However, since LEGO just did the LEGO Porsche GT3 RS, I don't see them making another GT3 car.  Too bad, I'd love to stick a 488 next to my Porsche.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, Val-E said:

There we are and it looks terrible.

image.png.2a0784f476a2e95c9c863744de772dad.png

On the first look I also wasn't convinced of this set after that image, but it grew on me a bit, today though the backside of the set appeared and that looks a lot better:chiron2.jpg.9eb6e92d875d70f625065ce97783f268.jpg

Remains to be seen what it contains in actual "Technic-"functions and features but based on the second picture I'm sold on the looks.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Feanor said:

On the first look I also wasn't convinced of this set after that image, but it grew on me a bit, today though the backside of the set appeared and that looks a lot better:chiron2.jpg.9eb6e92d875d70f625065ce97783f268.jpg

Remains to be seen what it contains in actual "Technic-"functions and features but based on the second picture I'm sold on the looks.

Guaranteed spoiler movement based on that image, which is to be expected. If they could get it to rise and fall with wheel movement that would be pretty slick. I think I did pass judgement too early, I will need to see this in person before making a final decision. Im on the fence because the engine looks pretty impressive, after all it is going to be a W16, which is pretty damn complex and will be interesting to see in Lego form.

Also, look at that fine, nougat plastic upholstery. 

Edited by CosmicSpeed

5 hours ago, Feanor said:

On the first look I also wasn't convinced of this set after that image, but it grew on me a bit, today though the backside of the set appeared and that looks a lot better:

"I didn't like her until I saw her from behind". ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Guaranteed spoiler movement based on that image, which is to be expected. If they could get it to rise and fall with wheel movement that would be pretty slick. I think I did pass judgement too early, I will need to see this in person before making a final decision. Im on the fence because the engine looks pretty impressive, after all it is going to be a W16, which is pretty damn complex and will be interesting to see in Lego form.

Also, look at that fine, nougat plastic upholstery. 

is it the same scale as porsche?

• Like 1