2018 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL!

Ed Mack

7 minutes ago, KShine said:

I so agree, I still felt like a kid at 40 (not so anymore). Can't see well near or far, general aches for no good reason, short term memory not even close to what it used to be.

Right...I think 45 was the age where I started to deteriorate.  LOL.  Sorry to be a party pooper.  I'm just trying to stir up some sympathy donations!

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Right...I think 45 was the age where I started to deteriorate.  LOL.  Sorry to be a party pooper.  I'm just trying to stir up some sympathy donations!

Things can't be too bad though - We couldn't be spending our days/nights discussing LEGO if they were (then again, maybe that just means that things are even worse than we thought).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KShine said:

Things can't be too bad though - We couldn't be spending our days/nights discussing LEGO if they were (then again, maybe that just means that things are even worse than we thought).

I think it was this damn site that ruined my eyes!  My wife bought me a computer for my 40th birthday to tool around with at work and all I do now is stare at the screen in between customers.  Each year, my monitor is getting bigger as well (like my phone).  LOL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, togemini said:

First time I heard of it, first time I particpated. Quite an intersting model to collect donations, and I bet it works pretty good! I should keep that in mind for my local basketball club.

The Rallyup.com site does an excellent job and I am very grateful that Jeff discovered it years ago.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:56 PM, djtsmith007 said:

Great cause to donate for. Would love to see this grow bigger than the previous years

That would be great, but we have a long way to go.  

On 2/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, Ed Mack said:

Any feedback, ideas, questions or concerns, please feel free to ask...Good luck!

This is such a great and unique fundraiser for us!  We can not thank Ed and Jeff enough for their on-going support but most of all thank you to the Brickpicker base of followers.  Our children are OUR future and educating them in a safe, faith filled academic environment (admittedly by choice) is creating some dynamic young individuals who care for and respect the community at large.  My daughter is graduating 8th grade from St. Paul's this year and will be going on to a Catholic High School on an Academic Merit Scholarship taking all honors classes.  This speaks to the commitment of the educators, administrations and parent support that our children receive daily.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Nice write up on Brickset promoting the raffle today. Hopefully we see a nice boost from it.

Yes, Huw and the Brickset staff have always been great at promoting the raffle.  Jeff and I appreciate it very much.  The LEGO community has far surpassed my expectations over the past three years.  This year's prizes are the best we ever had IMO and as always, I will try to get the winners the sets they desire.  Here is the link to the Brickset article...

https://brickset.com/article/34682/brickpicker-raffle-fundraiser#comments

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Coat said:

Still haven't won yet, but happy to buy some tickets all the same. Good luck to your school making the numbers it needs this year. Our kids are worth it.

4 hours ago, Haay said:

Having participated in both the 2016 and 2017 Raffles I wouldn't want to miss out this year. So I just bought some raffle tickets as well to add my support. :) 

Thanks for the support.  They are some kick ass prizes this year for sure.  

Hello,

I am sure there is a way to see my archived posts, but . . . St. Paul School parent and Lego Club Moderator here.  We have about 42 kids in kindergarten through 2nd grade at St. Paul's - 36 of those kids are in the Lego Club!  To say we love Legos at St. Paul's is an understatement.  The elementary classes have Legos - most teachers use them as a learning station of some sort.  After learning that, it occurred to me that we should have an after school Lego Club where the kids could play and be creative.  At first, I was bringing all my son's Legos for the students to build with.  Then we had a very generous donor named Mr. Ed Maciorowski, who not only donated Legos from his family's personal collection, but bought several boxes to contribute.  Now we have a comprehensive collection.  We have a theme each week and the students seem to enjoy themselves.  It also gives me a chance to build and in fact I like coming up with ideas to keep them interested.  When I see the kids around their first question is what is the theme this week?  It's like a well guarded secret.  

Needless to say, the school would not still be open and flourishing without the past donations from Brickpicker members and others from the Lego community.  Saying thank you really doesn't seem like enough.  I am hoping that the investment in the development of future Lego buyers is at least partial payback ;)

I will try to post pictures of some of our creations later.  In the meantime-- 

THANK YOU!

• Like 5