2018 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL!

Ed Mack

On 2/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, Ed Mack said:

As in past years, I will buy tickets for those people who want to use PayPal instead of a credit card.  If you send me money to my PayPal account, I will buy the tickets (and send you the ticket information) with my own credit card.  I have done this numerous times over the past two years.  

4 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I would like to buy a ticket this year , but putting in all my personal details for a raffle I more than likely will not win , puts me off.

See above post, maybe that will help.

Thank you to all who contribute to this wonderful school.  Everyone at this school has taken my children in like they are family. My children have grown so much since starting there in Pre-K.  Here are just a few pictures of what your support does for my children and the school.  We appreciate all that you do.  Thank you for all that you do to help my children grow and learn.

basketball.jpg

bones.jpg

halloween.jpg

hulk 2.jpg

lego hulk.jpg

soccer.jpg

Just got my annual bonus and looking to yet again buy a block of tickets. Couple quick questions...

1. This is NOT a tax-deductible charitable donation under US IRS tax code, correct? (I don’t think past years were, but not 100% sure)

2. Any opportunities for some “inside info” on how which Lots may have low participation? Last year during the live broadcast I was able to bribe Ed by making a real-time $100 purchase in exchange for a tip-off on which lots appeared to have “best chances to win” (based on not as many tickets sold for them yet - he simply said something to the effect of “The Friends and Mystery lot probably have pretty good odds for winning at the moment”). It was a nice perk for those having tuned into the broadcast or watching the replay. I’d certainly be susceptible to going over my planned raffle budget again this year in exchange for a similar insight! :-). Again, just to be clear, I’m not soliciting any non-public info (and never have), and I’ve never won before, but some “teaser insights” for those of us who enthusiastically participate in the raffle are always welcome!

2 hours ago, waddamon said:

I'm in Ed, thanks for all you guys do for us on this site.

As always, you are too generous.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Just got my annual bonus and looking to yet again buy a block of tickets. Couple quick questions...

1. This is NOT a tax-deductible charitable donation under US IRS tax code, correct? (I don’t think past years were, but not 100% sure)

2. Any opportunities for some “inside info” on how which Lots may have low participation? Last year during the live broadcast I was able to bribe Ed by making a real-time $100 purchase in exchange for a tip-off on which lots appeared to have “best chances to win” (based on not as many tickets sold for them yet - he simply said something to the effect of “The Friends and Mystery lot probably have pretty good odds for winning at the moment”). It was a nice perk for those having tuned into the broadcast or watching the replay. I’d certainly be susceptible to going over my planned raffle budget again this year in exchange for a similar insight! :-). Again, just to be clear, I’m not soliciting any non-public info (and never have), and I’ve never won before, but some “teaser insights” for those of us who enthusiastically participate in the raffle are always welcome!

1.  No, I don't think so.

2.  Let me do some research.

• Thanks 1

What a GREAT way to help these very special kids in this very special school succeed!!  Thanks for all the wonderful work you do.  I've had 4 beautiful girls go through St. Paul's from Kindergarten through 8th grade and they have all become focused, successful, driven and smart women!  Their futures are bright because of what they learned at St. Paul School!  

turpins beach shot.JPG

3 hours ago, Randyipp said:

Raffles never qualify as a donations for tax purposes.  You could use it as a gambling loss if you have other winnings, and you don't win this raffle!

Right, raffles don't qualify but straight donations do qualify.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Any opportunities for some “inside info” on how which Lots may have low participation? Last year during the live broadcast I was able to bribe Ed by making a real-time $100 purchase in exchange for a tip-off on which lots appeared to have “best chances to win” (based on not as many tickets sold for them yet - he simply said something to the effect of “The Friends and Mystery lot probably have pretty good odds for winning at the moment”). It was a nice perk for those having tuned into the broadcast or watching the replay. I’d certainly be susceptible to going over my planned raffle budget again this year in exchange for a similar insight! :-). Again, just to be clear, I’m not soliciting any non-public info (and never have), and I’ve never won before, but some “teaser insights” for those of us who enthusiastically participate in the raffle are always welcome!

Here you go...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Well, if we are so lucky to win something, my kids and I will be building.

You have a great chance.  I would like for you to win them all so I can put them on one pallet and ship it.  I am secretly pulling for people from NJ.  The last two years, zero people from the Garden State won.  Florida and California are big winners.  Canada and Europe as well.

You have a great chance.  I would like for you to win them all so I can put them on one pallet and ship it.  I am secretly pulling for people from NJ.  The last two years, zero people from the Garden State won.  Florida and California are big winners.  Canada and Europe as well.

Now I finally understand why@Lordoflego moved!
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Is the running “Contribution Total” listed anywhere?

(I suspect I’m just too distracted by the Minnesota High School Hockey tournament too see it...)

Hopeful we can at least hit $25-30k this year...

On the homepage there is a small widget to the top left.  We are close to $18,000.00.  I would love to hit $25 K.  They last few days are always the busiest and we will put out another email to Brickpickers and past participants.  

• Like 1

Bought my tickets. Didn't want to wait until the last minute like last year. I hope you guys hit $25K. As always, this is a fantastic thing you guys are doing. Kids are our future and if we don't take care of them now, who's going to take care of us when we're old and leathery? :derisive:

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Bought my tickets. Didn't want to wait until the last minute like last year. I hope you guys hit $25K. As always, this is a fantastic thing you guys are doing. Kids are our future and if we don't take care of them now, who's going to take care of us when we're old and leathery? :derisive:

Thanks...No matter what a person's political or religious beliefs and convictions are, supporting exceptional education is a good thing in my opinion.  This LEGO raffle has and always been about keeping a great school open so that hundreds of children, faculty and families can connect on a daily basis.  It is a positive energy environment that has dealt with adversity on an annual basis and has become stronger because of it.  

• Like 1