76104 - The Hulkbuster Smash-Up

Kenxxx

All the buzz is going to the UCS version... don't forget about this one! The second Lego "kid-sized" Hulkbuster has 375 pc, and four minifigs: Bruce Banner, Falcon, Proxima Midnight and an Outrider.  Retail US$29.99.

Spoiler alert:  It's old news to Marvel / Infinity War fanboys, but a surprise to me: even the Lego shop calls it "Bruce Banner's Hulkbuster"... there is no Ironman minifig, and no Tony Stark in this set.  In the new movie Infinity War, apparently Bruce Banner (the Hulk) is piloting the Hulkbuster suit.  After learning this I took a closer look at the trailer (below)... you can see a short clip at 1:29 in the trailer where the Hulkbuster leaps into the scene in classic Hulk style.

Trailer: 

hulk.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Two of my local stores have this set on a reduced to clear shelf at £19.99 RRP here being £29.99, Really weird considering its only just hit the shelves.

Maybe the thought it was the last version. I am confused by them too.

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Maybe the thought it was the last version. I am confused by them too.

Yes probably a foul up or just clearing space for the masses of Unikitty sets they have just got in, will be keeping it on my sets to watch list in the very unlikely event it 

hits some sort of production hitch.

17 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Yes probably a foul up or just clearing space for the masses of Unikitty sets they have just got in, will be keeping it on my sets to watch list in the very unlikely event it 

hits some sort of production hitch.

Maybe TLG will retire it by mistake as they too are so confused about all the versions they have made!

• 1 year later...

Any reason that a set would be produced both with regular seals and with small-box thumb punches? Looks like a different print setup so they can record the seal code data printed on the box. And they showed up next to each other at a Target. Any intrinsic value to an oddball?d1f8bc9af83a80e4b3fddb0d0ac927c6.jpg

9 hours ago, FM said:

Any reason that a set would be produced both with regular seals and with small-box thumb punches? Looks like a different print setup so they can record the seal code data printed on the box. And they showed up next to each other at a Target. Any intrinsic value to an oddball?d1f8bc9af83a80e4b3fddb0d0ac927c6.jpg

I've wondered the same thing.   Got multiples of both types of boxes from different places.