76103 - Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Averaging around $90 on eBay for brand new/sealed sold listings that aren't knock-offs from China. Pretty solid for a set available for $15-$27 on Target and WM clearance this past winter. I'm surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread. It will be curious to see if the price will continue to rise once the latest movie hype dies down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Averaging around $90 on eBay for brand new/sealed sold listings that aren't knock-offs from China. Pretty solid for a set available for $15-$27 on Target and WM clearance this past winter. I'm surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread. It will be curious to see if the price will continue to rise once the latest movie hype dies down.

This set is out-performing most anything else right now! I believe it will keep heading north to around $120ish because it's shelf life was so short, there aren't many out there.

Did you guys see value in this set when they were cheap on clearance? I clearly lack the eye and passed feeling "meh."

I’m not sure why, this set kind of called to me. Meijer had these marked down to $25 during a Santa Bucks period, so I picked up several there too.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I did the same as you, had multiple chances to buy these on clearance and passed. Kicking myself for it now haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

me too...it was a really weak looking set...but now that I look at the minifigures...I could see the appeal.  Getting Tchalla's sister w/ those glove guns (is this the only set w/ her?)...she may become more popular amongst girl collectors. She is a really cool character in the MCU imo. 

I only ended up with four from Meijer when they had the 50% off already reduced clearance sale. Final cost was $16 each after tax. I remember seeing quite a few at target in the mid-20s but I passed on them. Oh well. Live and learn. I’ll hang onto my four to see how high they can go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I only ended up with four from Meijer when they had the 50% off already reduced clearance sale. Final cost was $16 each after tax. I remember seeing quite a few at target in the mid-20s but I passed on them. Oh well. Live and learn. I’ll hang onto my four to see how high they can go.

With so many new sets being released, it’s hard to keep up 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Did you guys see value in this set when they were cheap on clearance? I clearly lack the eye and passed feeling "meh." :(

Not I.  I passed on at least 20 @$25 each.  Figured if no one was buying at $25, it would take 3-4 years to hit SRP.

• Like 1

This just goes to show that not every superhero set is a joker steamroller. I must admit, unless the buy in is ridiculously low, I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger on most superhero sets since my joker steamroller debacle. Marvel does seem to outperform DC, however.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

This just goes to show that not every superhero set is a joker steamroller. I must admit, unless the buy in is ridiculously low, I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger on most superhero sets since my joker steamroller debacle. Marvel does seem to outperform DC, however.

I'd like to know the reason why THIS set...

a) Blockbuster Movie effect

b) Minifigure(s)

c) Marvel Sets Completist (this one being the weakest and hence least popular set)

d) Infinity stone completist

I think it's a, b

but easily All of the above

If we can extrapolate to Staw Wars sets especially w/ the next movie coming out...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If we can extrapolate to Staw Wars sets especially w/ the next movie coming out...

There are no star wars winners anymore unless its limited release (vader bust - and this could be temporary).

Are any of the other Infinity War sets doing well? It was a huge movie. I think you can put that on your list. Did you see the prices of Infinity Gauntlet comics skyrocket after that movie came out?

I don't particularly see the appeal of this set. We just built it a month or so ago. It was a boring build, but decent playability and minifigures. Maybe the Corvus figure?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Black Panther's plane from a couple years ago has outperformed, and also Captain America's Jet from last year.