76103 - Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack

TheOrcKing

23 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

There are no star wars winners anymore unless its limited release (vader bust - and this could be temporary).

Are any of the other Infinity War sets doing well? It was a huge movie. I think you can put that on your list. Did you see the prices of Infinity Gauntlet comics skyrocket after that movie came out?

I don't particularly see the appeal of this set. We just built it a month or so ago. It was a boring build, but decent playability and minifigures. Maybe the Corvus figure?

for some reason that SW set w/ the tentacle monters comes to mind as a possible equivalent (crappy set, discounted heavily, maybe a unique minifigure???)

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

The big Ant-Man, it was highly unlikely that it would be remade anytime soon.

Yes, this. That was the last set that I bought in abundance from Shopko before they went under. $45 after sale and coupon stacking. I miss those days.  The big Ant-Man was definately the appeal.

2 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Go buy a bunch and keep us posted...lol.

Have a feeling I’m going to have a Griswald moment 20 years from now when I’m trapped in attic and discover a few Rathtar Espcapes stuck in a crevice somewhere...

37210C86-C7B6-4643-B065-6822D6AA5FA8.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like one sold for $110 on eBay recently. An anomaly at this point since most are still around the $90 range, but very intriguing.

I was able to source 11 more of these from a seller in The Netherlands. Cost after shipping overseas was right around $47 each. Not as good as $16 Meijer clearance but when I average them all together my cost on all of them is still a touch under retail after tax. They arrived a couple days ago minty fresh. There doesn’t appear to be much stock out there. This one will be fun to watch.

Looks like one sold for $110 on eBay recently. An anomaly at this point since most are still around the $90 range, but very intriguing.

I was able to source 11 more of these from a seller in The Netherlands. Cost after shipping overseas was right around $47 each. Not as good as $16 Meijer clearance but when I average them all together my cost on all of them is still a touch under retail after tax. They arrived a couple days ago minty fresh. There doesn’t appear to be much stock out there. This one will be fun to watch.

Well, since you pointed this out the first time, the seller count on Amazon jumped from 8 to 40+ And the price dropped 20%. default_tongue.png

• Like 3

That’s good. Let them sell now. I think this set was scarce to begin with so I’m going long-term on this baby.

You’ll probably clear just under $150 (minus the time, effort, and packaging) on those 11 if the price stays where it is, so that’s not terrible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...