75932 - Velociraptor Chase

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

This set is setup for failure already. At the rate we are telling each other to stock up less than a month of release, this set may become a textbook case study in Lego reselling on what set to avoid.

Nope, that's Exo Suit, case closed.

• Like 1

This set was outta stock last week at walmart. Came back with a vengeance and it looks like it's back again right now at walmart. Went backordered on lego shop USA and now back full force. I think the only one that's gonna make some real money are lego and walmart as was the case with the NASA set not too long ago. If you're gonna buy then buy...but coming on here to announce your buys...well I appreciate it..and you might just be right....but is it really helping the situation? How about you just PM me instead :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

really interesting that the velociraptor chase set is the only one which is limited to 20 units per customers. After the release the VC hasn't a limitation at all.

They other sets are all limited to 5 units per customer! 

I was just getting into collecting and reselling when the Raptor Escape thing happened so I'm not sure what to do with these 75932s at $25.  If I bought these for $25 I'd start selling when they could pulling in $50-60 (25-50% above RRP, or ~25%+ profit after ebay/paypal/shipping).  I'm a small timer, I don't tend to stock-up and hold for years.  Right or wrong I wait for the clearance cycles to buy smaller Qty's (between 5 and 10) that I can resell within 6 or 7 months (about the time of the next clearance cycle).  That system has worked all right for me to make enough to buy extra on the side for personal build or occasionally an extra nice profit I wasn't expecting.

I DID get in on one Raptor Escape deal by accident.  That was precious.  The $0.03 Toys R Us inventory error.  (Found a random RE sitting around long after it was off the shelves, totally looked like they found it in the stockroom and just threw it on a random open shelf spot).  I think I sold that on eBay for $75.

Lightning does not usually strike twice in the same place, however there are strong similarities between this set and RE - the dinos, the huge price difference between US and Eurozones and it being a shop exclusive.

The main differences will be that this one doesn´t have a 5 month lifecycle and that so many others like Exciter´s grandma will be in for 30 or more based on past gains. RE got to 150 euros on ebay here with the odd 200 euro sale, so it was very much the money maker of the JW theme, even at full RRP of 50.

At 37% off US RRP, I´d armsweep in any case. What´s the worst that can happen?

Edited by Val-E

31 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I was just getting into collecting and reselling when the Raptor Escape thing happened so I'm not sure what to do with these 75932s at $25.  If I bought these for $25 I'd start selling when they could pulling in $50-60 (25-50% above RRP, or ~25%+ profit after ebay/paypal/shipping).  I'm a small timer, I don't tend to stock-up and hold for years.  Right or wrong I wait for the clearance cycles to buy smaller Qty's (between 5 and 10) that I can resell within 6 or 7 months (about the time of the next clearance cycle).  That system has worked all right for me to make enough to buy extra on the side for personal build or occasionally an extra nice profit I wasn't expecting.

I DID get in on one Raptor Escape deal by accident.  That was precious.  The $0.03 Toys R Us inventory error.  (Found a random RE sitting around long after it was off the shelves, totally looked like they found it in the stockroom and just threw it on a random open shelf spot).  I think I sold that on eBay for $75.

I doubt you found a Raptor Escape at Toys R Us.  I sold many at $80-$100, but I also sold a bunch at $125 - $155.  You never know how crazy some sets will get, like Elves Purple Dragon.  Sold Out of those at $120-$150.

38 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I doubt you found a Raptor Escape at Toys R Us.  I sold many at $80-$100, but I also sold a bunch at $125 - $155.  You never know how crazy some sets will get, like Elves Purple Dragon.  Sold Out of those at $120-$150.

You are correct, it was actually 75917 Raptor Rampage that I found at Toys R Us for $0.03.  Still, was a great sale!