75932 - Velociraptor Chase

TheOrcKing

19 hours ago, Val-E said:

Ok but not at full RRP this early, right?

Full RRP? I'm a Dutch person and quite offended you even asked me if I paid full price for something :D  I decided to go for a low discount of 20% as the raptor escape only dropped by that much in Europe. Really hard to get these kinds of sets in large quantity on mainland Europe, so when I saw an opportunity, I took it. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Maybe I need to get some of these too. Then again, maybe not.....

Too risky for a massively hoarded set. I can wait for 60% off as I suspect overproduction again.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Too risky for a massively hoarded set. I can wait for 60% off as I suspect overproduction again.

MAssively overhoarded? Where did you get that idea from? On Brickset only 1000 sets are owned against 1900 Raptor Escape. I think it might get overhoarded in the USA. with easy availibility there, but in Europe it is not available a lot, so think it will be rare here.

screenshot-brickset.com-2018.06.26-16-03-23.png

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s been out for what 6 weeks?

Anyone betting the farm so soon on this set with no concrete info about when it is going to retire is taking quite a risk.

In the Netherlands it has been available for three months now, so twice that long. With more interest in JW sets it will likely be more overhoarded than the escape one, but still many people in Europe will miss it.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Legojona said:

MAssively overhoarded? Where did you get that idea from? On Brickset only 1000 sets are owned against 1900 Raptor Escape. I think it might get overhoarded in the USA. with easy availibility there, but in Europe it is not available a lot, so think it will be rare here.

I'm going by history repeating itself and QFLLs may fall for it. I know a few huge players in the "LEGO game" and none of them bother with BrickPicker or Brickset. To be honest, I've not seen anything remotely rare in the UK since the 21104 Mars rover was on general sale. I can't imagine any production run smaller than 100,000 units these days.

However,I think it is an iconic set and the one mostly likely to rise in value (and the ONLY one I will touch in the entire theme), subject to availability and the race to the bottom ? 

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm going by history repeating itself and QFLLs may fall for it. I know a few huge players in the "LEGO game" and none of them bother with BrickPicker or Brickset. To be honest, I've not seen anything remotely rare in the UK since the 21104 Mars rover was on general sale. I can't imagine any production run smaller than 100,000 units these days.

However,I think it is an iconic set and the one mostly likely to rise in value (and the ONLY one I will touch in the entire theme), subject to availability and the race to the bottom ? 

Is that a touch of optimism I hear there from @TabbyBoy? :)

Its a no from me for this set as well as the rest, 75932 is max 20 units on sah and worse still Smyths have the rights to it in UK how quickly we forget what Smyths did for the Batman Tumbler constantly finding new stock long after retirement.

Smacks of trying to join the party when every ones gone home.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, Legojona said:

Full RRP? I'm a Dutch person and quite offended you even asked me if I paid full price for something :D  I decided to go for a low discount of 20% as the raptor escape only dropped by that much in Europe. Really hard to get these kinds of sets in large quantity on mainland Europe, so when I saw an opportunity, I took it. 

No unicorns this time. Stocked by Amazon Europe.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

Smyths have this for £29.99 plus the vouchers on top,guess thats  40% off if you buy 2. with the £6 off voucher

Will probably not let you have more than 3 in any one store.

funny enough thats what I was looking at just an hour ago (smyths email).  Highlighted in the newsletter. 

£27 each.  Selling for ££37+ on ebay.   If I had space, i'd have bought it to sell in two years time.   I'm just window shopping these days

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd be very surprised if these reached RRP after EOL due to every man, his dog and the QFLLs piling in on these, so a huge discount is a must. I'm not trying to be negative, but lots will be on the bandwagon desperate for history to repeat itself. I'm holding out for £19.99 as it's too much of a risk otherwise when going all-in. At £22.99, I'll probably buy just 20 or so, but only if I have a buyer already lined up to take the lot.