75212 - Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

Val-E

Every time I see "The Kessel Run" I can't help but think of the old days when we used to do the

kettle run during the ad break in Coronation Street. It's a bit of a reverse ugly duckling story

with the Falcon then huh. Started off as a beautiful white swan then shrunk into an ugly duckling

which everyone loved more.

It just doesnt look like the falcon. They would have been better off using the old design and just changing out the color, minifigs and adding that shuttle thing in front. Plus maybe a few small tweaks like the seating for the cannons. At least the old one was proportionate to the actual ship...........

On 3/27/2018 at 4:10 PM, longshot said:

It just doesnt look like the falcon. They would have been better off using the old design and just changing out the color, minifigs and adding that shuttle thing in front. Plus maybe a few small tweaks like the seating for the cannons. At least the old one was proportionate to the actual ship...........

Agreed.  The 2015 set improved on the 2011 one for the most part.  This new Solo Kessel Run version looks like it was designed 15 years ago.   E.g.  Lord Business only knows why the Lego designer used those 4 little 2x2 circle parts on the mandibles instead of the circle / hollow plate.  The set just looks cheap.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Haay said:

I'd be greatly surprised if this Kessel Run MF wins the Toy of the Year award which the predecessor 75105 did in 2016. I think the general consensus is that this set is overpriced and doesn't look as good as the predecessors.

I believe it´s a pay-to-win competition.

Remember that Benny´s Spaceship is a past winner......

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I only recently saw JANGBRICKS' review of Benny's Spaceship, and now that it's not available any longer at discount prices it made me regret not getting it back in 2015. :( 

Prices start at 79 euros on Bricklink. I agree that´s probaby 70 euros too high, but it´s still not a huge amount for the parts you get.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I'd be greatly surprised if this Kessel Run MF wins the Toy of the Year award which the predecessor 75105 did in 2016. I think the general consensus is that this set is overpriced and doesn't look as good as the predecessors.

This set is ugly.  Just sayin'...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:
24 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I can’t explain it, but my son sent me this text yesterday after our new catalog arrived.

I think boarding school is the only acceptable punishment for this .....

Boaarding school? So ex should punish by giving more LEGO to him???

?page=3%26tab=comments&xtz=300

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

A lot of people will want this set and I am happy to wager a raffle ticket or two that it will be in the Amazon best seller list.

Sure, because it's from the new movie and there are no other versions like it(...yet) and LEGO is promoting the Hell out of it.   Regardless, it still sucks.