Selling off my collection

Well it is with a sad heart that I have to “take a break” from the Lego investing game. My wife and I are trying to save up to buy a house and I’m going to try and sell a good amount (or all) of my collection for a down payment. If you are interested in the whole collection please message me and I’ll send you the spreadsheet with sets and quantities. I haven’t had too much experience selling lego (primarily using as an investment) so I don’t have an exact pricing break down but if you are interested in individual sets I’ll do my best to sell them cheaper then anywhere else. Current best offer locally for the whole collection is $11,000. I am accepting best offers for the collection till late April. Feel free to comment or message me with any questions. Locally I live in Ypsilanti, Mi 48198IMG_1612.HEIC

1 hour ago, stuco191 said:

Well it is with a sad heart that I have to “take a break” from the Lego investing game. My wife and I are trying to save up to buy a house and I’m going to try and sell a good amount (or all) of my collection for a down payment. If you are interested in the whole collection please message me and I’ll send you the spreadsheet with sets and quantities. I haven’t had too much experience selling lego (primarily using as an investment) so I don’t have an exact pricing break down but if you are interested in individual sets I’ll do my best to sell them cheaper then anywhere else. Current best offer locally for the whole collection is $11,000. I am accepting best offers for the collection till late April. Feel free to comment or message me with any questions. Locally I live in Ypsilanti, Mi 48198

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I dunno, I'd say 11K is a pretty good offer for that. There are a lot of sets I would want individually, but I know you're looking to bulk sell. Best wishes and best of luck on house hunting!

I think you might be able to get away with 13k. But that's just me. Very cool sets though! I also know allot about real estate investing so if you need help with that to, I'm here. Best of luck! 

22 minutes ago, The Builder said:

I think you might be able to get away with 13k. But that's just me. Very cool sets though! I also know allot about real estate investing so if you need help with that to, I'm here. Best of luck! 

Where is 13K coming from? Personally, I don't see someone on a site dedicated to reselling offering anything near that for this collection, but maybe I am missing something. What's the "fare" price you would be offering? 

• Haha 1

I dunno, I'd say 11K is a pretty good offer for that. There are a lot of sets I would want individually, but I know you're looking to bulk sell. Best wishes and best of luck on house hunting!

Hey guys wanted to chime in here! These pictures show most of my collection but not all of it. Not to mention the fact that I have multiples of a bunch of these sets. If you are interested in the entire inventory list shoot me a message and I’ll send you the excel spreadsheet with quantities

• 3 years later...

Bringing this thread back to life. I was actually able to sell off my collection the first time around over 3 years ago. We bought a house and then I got right back into the game... A lot more intensely then last time in fact! But it looks like we may be moving again possibly to the Chicagoland area. Not finalized yet but could be going the direction. So for the right price I may be interested in selling off all or most of my inventory to the right buyer.

Here is a google sheet of my current inventory. Ebay Low values have it estimated anywhere from 80-90k. Obviously I am not going to get anywhere near that but if you have the CASH to make an offer shoot me a pm. Located in Metro Detroit area!

Thanks Brickpickers. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SXcOBZkL8zPEhHIan1MtkxJQgGZfJe6-Nyv8P02AnuM/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

How do I put it nicely.....don’t come here ! Lol. 
enough of resellers to worry about 

Luckily its not my day job ha! I'll leave the territory to the Chicago faithfuls for now. 

Edited by stuco191

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:08 PM, stuco191 said:

Bringing this thread back to life. I was actually able to sell off my collection the first time around over 3 years ago. We bought a house and then I got right back into the game... A lot more intensely then last time in fact! But it looks like we may be moving again possibly to the Chicagoland area. Not finalized yet but could be going the direction. So for the right price I may be interested in selling off all or most of my inventory to the right buyer.

Here is a google sheet of my current inventory. Ebay Low values have it estimated anywhere from 80-90k. Obviously I am not going to get anywhere near that but if you have the CASH to make an offer shoot me a pm. Located in Metro Detroit area!

Thanks Brickpickers. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SXcOBZkL8zPEhHIan1MtkxJQgGZfJe6-Nyv8P02AnuM/edit?usp=sharing

Just curious, did this sell, it's been awhile?  If not, PM me...