41597 - Go Brick Me

henrysunset

What a fantastic building experience, and a great price!

I just finished writing a review based on my first impressions of 41597 - Go Brick Me, which was just released on Sunday.  The set represents a great value at $29.99 USD for 708 pieces.

While I've only scratched the surface of using this set as intended - to build custom Brickheadz of your friends and family, i'm happy to report that the selection of parts and instructions is a great place to get started.

opengraph-gobrickme.jpg

I also included a detailed look at some of the parts in this set, as it represents a great price for a parts pack, too.

JB2A9941-768x375.jpg
Seven parts available for the first time in new colors.

We get a handful of existing parts in new colors, two new parts (glasses), and a large selection of parts in rare or relatively expensive colors such as 312—Dark Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh), and 106—Bright Orange (Orange).

To see my review, analysis of the parts in this set, and first attempts at building my own Brickheadz, visit: http://brickarchitect.com/2018/review-41597-go-brick-me/

Sincerely,
---tom
  • Like 3

You make a good point about the PPC ratio, although the parts are all quite small. I got the below data from Amazon and the price per weight ratio is pretty much in line with other sets.

Item Weight 658 g
Product Dimensions  262 x 95 x 222 cm

Here´s Jang´s video review.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

I like Jang's review of this set and it made me add this set to my watch-list. Will definitely buy it when I can get it at a nice discount (from the Dutch Lego-taxed €34.99 price).

By the way, the 40174 LEGO Chess set has an even better Price Per Parts ratio, though this set has more variation of bricks and colours.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I like Jang's review of this set and it made me add this set to my watch-list. Will definitely buy it when I can get it at a nice discount (from the Dutch Lego-taxed €34.99 price).

By the way, the 40174 LEGO Chess set has an even better Price Per Parts ratio, though this set has more variation of bricks and colours.

How many kids play chess compared to those that want to make Lego selfies of themselves and their mates, also? Main drawback I see with this one is they will keep it alive during the whole lifecycle of Brickheadz.

Edited by Val-E

54 minutes ago, Val-E said:

How many kids play chess compared to those that want to make Lego selfies of themselves and their mates, also? Main drawback I see with this one is they will keep it alive during the whole lifecycle of Brickheadz.

Unless they do a 2nd version with different pieces at some point once the sales dry up, in which case it'll be a good investment.

2 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Unless they do a 2nd version with different pieces at some point once the sales dry up, in which case it'll be a good investment.

Nah, they´ll just reissue it with a different box and slap an extra 10% on the price. Or 10 euros if you live in Holland.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
There has been rumours of a version 2.0, but not sure if that was just rubbish as it seems like brickheadz are finishing in 2019 

Can definently see that happening. It was a good seller and in the absence of new license sets would be a no brainier to have a v2 with new pieces in order to tap into the fanbase that this theme has gained this past year.

Just now, Cheese said:

Can definently see that happening. It was a good seller and in the absence of new license sets would be a no brainier to have a v2 with new pieces in order to tap into the fanbase that this theme has gained this past year.

I think that the price point made it a loss leader to get people into the theme. It served its purpose well. If they redo it they´d either include less parts or take it up to 40/50 Euros.

I'd be amazed if brickheadz dissappear - some seemed to go to sold out so quick and the reseller market shows theres demand beyond the initial stock run for them? Surely lego made a mint from the recent mickey mouse/Harry Potter ones? Why wouldn't they produce more

They sold out quickly because they were very limited. Some of the exclusives probably only had one PRD run. Given the low price point and license fees (especially the Disney!and HP sets) on top of Costs doubt they would’ve made much, hence no more licensed sets. Ultimately this translates into favourable market for resellers.

• 5 months later...