75181 - UCS: Y-Wing

Alpinemaps

41 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The mad rush to sell off 10134 started the day of the leak. Prices are steadily dropping... how low will it go?

10134-1.png

IMG_8913.JPG

New version is definitely much sharper. An eventual buy for me with the right discount.

Main difference is in the price. Anyone still hanging on to the older version has serious hoarding issues.

Weird ... €230 in Spain vs. €200 in Portugal. Okay, I'm used to the price-difference between Germany (€200) vs Netherlands/Belgium (€230). But I can't figure out why Portugal would get it cheaper than Spain ?

And while Spain and Netherlands may feel getting the bad deal, it's even more expensive in Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland ...

Edited by Haay

8 minutes ago, Haay said:

Weird ... €230 in Spain vs. €200 in Portugal. Okay, I'm used to the price-difference between Germany (€200) vs Netherlands/Belgium (€230). But I can't figure out why Portugal would get it cheaper than Spain ?

And while Spain and Netherlands may feel getting the bad deal, it's even more expensive in Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland ...

SAH actually help Spanish resellers by marking up all the confirmed turdy exclusives so we don´t buy them; Silent Mary, Batcave, Joker Mansion etc.

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To people who are familiar with 10134, what are the differences between that and the new one as far design ?

400 cheese slopes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

eps 4 and 6.

the minifig char is from "a new hope ".  then some unused footage was edited into rogue one

Thank you very much for the info! Ok, so 10134 and 75181 are based upon the same model?!
I think that Lego is no long time investment anymore since they got hurt by counterfeits from China and reissue now the old iconic sets to undermine bogus bricks & co. as well as the highly overpriced secondary market UCS sets.

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

i don't get lego UCS sets anymore w/ the stickers and minifigs. 

the included minifigs fit in their vehicles sometimes but not always anymore.  e.g. this y-wing, slave but not the snowspeeder, tie-fighter or x-wing.

There is no consistency with the theme.  Here's hoping that all future UCS sets have a similar box and are minifigure scale.

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:
22 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:
There is no consistency with the theme.  Here's hoping that all future UCS sets have a similar box and are minifigure scale.

Then I am looking forward to the next UCS ISD

Next October?

Missed out on the original so will probably get this.

I think the cockpit on the newer version is better, but the engines on the older one seem more accurate, particularly the domes and attachments at the front.

One thing I will say is that the choice of brown for those pipes in the original set was baffling, and I don't understand why they've carried that through to the new version. If you look at the original miniatures built by ILM for A New Hope there's no brown there at all.

Hi, I'm new to this and could need some help. What are your thoughts about the Star wars UCS Y-Wing that will be released on May 4. I've ridden that lego models that don't look like lego have a good chance of increasing in value and after all, it is a model from the "Ultimate collector series.

So?, Do you think it's worth buying?