75181 - UCS: Y-Wing

Alpinemaps

6 hours ago, MJO24 said:

Seems like it would be awesome to work there overall, but I couldn’t imagine working on 1 project for three straight years. That’d be draining. 

Imagine if you were the lead helicopter designer.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, Haay said:

Weird ... €230 in Spain vs. €200 in Portugal. Okay, I'm used to the price-difference between Germany (€200) vs Netherlands/Belgium (€230). But I can't figure out why Portugal would get it cheaper than Spain ?

And while Spain and Netherlands may feel getting the bad deal, it's even more expensive in Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland ...

Seriously.. I dont think that anybody in CZE who would like to have it - would pay the full price -- shortly after the release it will be on all classifieds with at least 20 % off :)

So I'm curious, for those who own 10134, after watching the video above, does the old one have greebling on the bottom side like the new one does?  I didn't think the original had landing gear either.  

Now that I've seen the video, I think the engines are the correct length and look good.  The set definitely reminds me of the movie.  I don't have the original but I think I'll be good with this new one.

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

So I'm curious, for those who own 10134, after watching the video above, does the old one have greebling on the bottom side like the new one does?  I didn't think the original had landing gear either.  

Now that I've seen the video, I think the engines are the correct length and look good.  The set definitely reminds me of the movie.  I don't have the original but I think I'll be good with this new one.

No landing feet, that's a nice feature if they functionally work and the model can sit on them.

I like some features of the new one, but I like some pieces on the old one.

15 hours ago, MJO24 said:

Seems like it would be awesome to work there overall, but I couldn’t imagine working on 1 project for three straight years. That’d be draining. 

It is very unlikely that he was working on that single thing the whole time. They have multiple approval and iteration rounds, waiting for new pieces, etc. Because of these, to fill the gaps, he is probably having 4-5 sets in the works at any point in time.

Edited by inversion

17 hours ago, MJO24 said:

That would be hilarious if true. Would also explain why Lego is so damn expensive. 

4 hours ago, lego rules said:

No landing feet, that's a nice feature if they functionally work and the model can sit on them.

I like some features of the new one, but I like some pieces on the old one.

I agree. If the ship can sit on those landing feet, that would be amazing. I'm not sure if it will though as they look puny and not substantial like the Falcon per se.

Is the cockpit canopy printed and did anyone else notice the engines/thrusters sagging in the video? 

24 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

What happened to the white pieces on the front of the engines?

If you're talking about the pieces that sort of wrap around the back edges of the engine caps, yeah, I'm bummed they're not on the new one either.  I wonder if it can be MOC'd.  I do like that the new engines are less blocky and are actually round now.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, Shewie said:

I've found those "confidential" blueprints he got exclusively to work on this model for the last three years!
But shh... it's just between us.

001.jpg

Yeah now that’s funny-lol

Nice to see the same Canopy from 50 years ago lol...But seriously the more I think about it the 10134 still holds great appeal and although I got my 75181 in the mail today, I think the differences between the 2 will compliment each other displayed together, especially since no two y-wing are alike anyway in cannon Star Wars. 

On a side Note my Black Star Wars VIP promotion of the y-wing blueprint was also sent and I was a bit suprised it wasn’t an actual poster but an 8 1/2” x 11” heavy stock glossy print....don’t get me wrong it’s still very nice but was just expecting a “blueprint big” thing.

heck I’m happy we got somthin -lol

• 1 month later...