Shop at Home calendar and offers - May 2018

Val-E

Incredibly weak May, incomparable to the the previous years.

Those Legoland tickets they are giving away in European stores since march with ANY purchase. 
Those early sets D2C are Hogwarts & Jurassic Park.

I agree with above, turkey all over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lego rules said:

Will be interesting to see what they will be.  Others think it is Bugatti and Roller coaster.

I will ask them this saturday because it's afol day and that's the only reason why I'm visiting the store lately.
You might be right with the Bugatti. Completely forgot about this sucker.

41 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Those Legoland tickets they are giving away in European stores since march with ANY purchase. 

I agree with above, turkey all over.

In the USA those LEGOLAND tickets are given away with any purchase, in catalogs, and you can find them online, etc.  I've seen so many advert for free tickets I find it hard to believe they actually have the nerve to call them "exclusive."

I agree... LAME!

• Sad 1

Just now, Shewie said:

Exclusive*

it's all about small details "*"

yeah I saw it.   So far Lego , LL , and Target on Groot.  Kiss Kiss last year between the cases I saw from LL and the 65k that Target had online on Kiss Kiss was well over 200k made.

I will say the last 3 exclusives I've seen that had numbered cases they were way less than last years.  About half of print run.  So maybe they are learning???

So maybe Groot will be under 100k which causes for celebration!

groot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So for 4th May in Europe we get the BB8 Poly for 65 euros of purchases - no DV Pod.

We also get 2x VIP except on the Y-Wing and 20% off selected sets to be announced.

Free exclusive LEGO® Star Wars BB-8 (40288) offer is valid for orders online at shop.LEGO.com, in LEGO Stores and LEGO Catalogue telephone orders from 4th to 7th May 2018, or while stocks last. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than £65 in LEGO Star Wars merchandise only. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. If the qualifying LEGO purchase(s) is returned to us for a refund, the gift must also be returned to us together with the qualifying LEGO purchase(s). It cannot be purchased, exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Offer is not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres or LEGO Certified Stores. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice.

Double Points offer is valid on VIP purchases of LEGO® Star Wars merchandise from 4th to 7th May 2018. Offer is not valid on 75181 Y-Wing Starfighter. Points are attributed to the account once payment is received and will not be credited for purchases made prior to, or after this promotion. Points will not be earned on the purchase of Gift Cards or any applicable taxes or shipping charges. Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, shipping charges or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice. VIP membership required.

From 4th to 7th May 2018, selected LEGO® Star Wars sets will be discounted at shop.LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores (whilst stocks last). These discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount. Individual order limits apply per set.

Edited by Val-E

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

So for 4th May in Europe we get the BB8 Poly for 65 euros of purchases - no DV Pod.

We also get 2x VIP except on the Y-Wing and 20% off selected sets to be announced.

Free exclusive LEGO® Star Wars BB-8 (40288) offer is valid for orders online at shop.LEGO.com, in LEGO Stores and LEGO Catalogue telephone orders from 4th to 7th May 2018, or while stocks last. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than £65 in LEGO Star Wars merchandise only. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. If the qualifying LEGO purchase(s) is returned to us for a refund, the gift must also be returned to us together with the qualifying LEGO purchase(s). It cannot be purchased, exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Offer is not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres or LEGO Certified Stores. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice.

Double Points offer is valid on VIP purchases of LEGO® Star Wars merchandise from 4th to 7th May 2018. Offer is not valid on 75181 Y-Wing Starfighter. Points are attributed to the account once payment is received and will not be credited for purchases made prior to, or after this promotion. Points will not be earned on the purchase of Gift Cards or any applicable taxes or shipping charges. Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, shipping charges or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice. VIP membership required.

From 4th to 7th May 2018, selected LEGO® Star Wars sets will be discounted at shop.LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores (whilst stocks last). These discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount. Individual order limits apply per set.

There's nothing in there special for Black VIP card holders, figures.

So I was in a LEGO store today. Chatted with a rep and found out a good amount and I am sure a lot of this is repeat information but here goes:

1) All SW sets get double VIP, including UCS falcon, but NOT the Y-Wing..... I questioned why they would do double VIP points on the Falcon and not the new Y-Wing and they really didn't have a good answer. Quite annoying.

2) They made the BB8 mini figure at $75+ seem to be very secretive. Even when I told them it was public knowledge they said they weren't supposed to talk about it.

3) Most interesting to me, they said Black Card members who make a Star Wars purchase on May 4th (don't know if it needs to be a certain amount) get put into a raffle for a "very rare star wars minifigure". I hadn't heard about this before, does anyone know which figure it is / can confirm there is a raffle?

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

3) Most interesting to me, they said Black Card members who make a Star Wars purchase on May 4th (don't know if it needs to be a certain amount) get put into a raffle for a "very rare star wars minifigure". I hadn't heard about this before, does anyone know which figure it is / can confirm there is a raffle?

Gotta be Darth Revan leftovers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scatttcat said:

So I was in a LEGO store today. Chatted with a rep and found out a good amount and I am sure a lot of this is repeat information but here goes:

1) All SW sets get double VIP, including UCS falcon, but NOT the Y-Wing..... I questioned why they would do double VIP points on the Falcon and not the new Y-Wing and they really didn't have a good answer. Quite annoying.

2) They made the BB8 mini figure at $75+ seem to be very secretive. Even when I told them it was public knowledge they said they weren't supposed to talk about it.

I assume it is the solid platinum R2-D2 minifigures which was shown in the email promoting the double VIP points in February.