Shop at Home calendar and offers - May 2018

Val-E

10 hours ago, scatttcat said:

So I was in a LEGO store today. Chatted with a rep and found out a good amount and I am sure a lot of this is repeat information but here goes:

1) All SW sets get double VIP, including UCS falcon, but NOT the Y-Wing.....

So... I cough up full price to buy the UCS Falcon (which, until now, has always been excluded from any double VIP points promotions) before the end of last year in order to benefit from "a full year of exclusive Black VIP Card Holder promotions", only to discover that had I postponed my purchase 'til now I wouldn't have missed out on any exclusive promotions at all and would have been able to get an extra £65-worth of points to boot.  But wait, there is a rumour of an exclusive promotion.  But then again it's only a "chance to win", not a definite "you will receive".  Frankly, I think I would have rather had the extra £65-worth of points.  Not that they would do me much good though - given that even the "Exclusives" are now almost all available periodically on discount at Smyths and the like, where's my incentive to buy anything direct from LEGO themselves?

I have a post-graduate Diploma in Marketing and can't decide whether LEGO's marketing department are either the most inept bunch of incompetent morons this side of the Po Valley or the most talented and creative marketing professionals the world has ever seen.  Feeling royally shafted right now.  Maybe I should call their Human Resources department and see if they've any jobs going...

Love to all, even LEGO.

• Like 2

Think I got lucky when I ordered my UCS MF in December, not only was it this first time I got to the site in time to find it instock but Quidco were offering 10% cashback on Lego purchases so along with the VIP points I managed to save £85 plus got the Black VIP card which I was never that bothered about but seeing as I plan to get the Y-Wing on Friday it would be nice if something extra is thrown in.

57 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Think I got lucky when I ordered my UCS MF in December, not only was it this first time I got to the site in time to find it instock but Quidco were offering 10% cashback on Lego purchases so along with the VIP points I managed to save £85 plus got the Black VIP card which I was never that bothered about but seeing as I plan to get the Y-Wing on Friday it would be nice if something extra is thrown in.

I almost suffocated myself reading this on one go.
I'll give you some of my commas and periods I have to spare.
, , , , , , , , , , ,and . . . . . . . . . .

There will be in store raffle like year ago.
They have tons of stuff leftover from last years promos.
In Leicester Square alone they have about 5x 400l boxes full of R2-D2 buildable polybags from last year. Hundereds of Darth Revans, C-3PO Red Arm as well as Walkers from TLJ.

Those might be a prize for in store raffle we talked here before. Can't say much how this could be handled online for those living away from Brand Stores.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:06 AM, LegoBro said:

So let me get this straight.  I paid about 10 dollars to get in on Ed's brickpicker raffle and I paid 800 to get in on an R2 D2 raffle. Do i have better odds of winning this one?

I don't know about the odds, but at least there was a winner who received a prize with St. Paul raffle, unlike LEGO who has not delivered for far too many.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea why LEGO chose to do only 1 VIP early access instead of the 2 they announced on the May calendar. I can’t find any information about it at all. Anyone hear anything? 

Edited by sbull97
Forgot a word