10261 - Roller Coaster

Val-E

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

It's quite a large set from the looks of it! Taller than the Ferris Wheel as far as I can estimate from the one leaked picture.

Yeah, it looks to be quite big.  Going to need to purchase more Power Functions motors.  Not totally sure about the color scheme, but will wait until better pictures to form a better opinion.  

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

Yeah, it looks to be quite big.  Going to need to purchase more Power Functions motors.  Not totally sure about the color scheme, but will wait until better pictures to form a better opinion.  

Color isn't the best and doesn't really match the current line-up. Height Wise, looks likt it might be right at the FW height, I don.t see it being larger than the curve at the top of the hill. It is definitely a longer set horizontally.

5 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Agreed, but the hopefully the playability is going to be pretty good. I am concerned that the coaster train will not make it around the track by gravity alone.

There's no chance it will, which is why it has the link system connected to the cranks you can see.  My goal is to put Power Functions on the cranks to make it fully automated.  I'm sure it's set up like the Ferris Wheel and Carousel in that you can simply plug and play where the crank exists.  Roller Coaster appears to have multiple cranks, however, so it will be a little more complicated possibly.

4 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

There's no chance it will, which is why it has the link system connected to the cranks you can see.  My goal is to put Power Functions on the cranks to make it fully automated.  I'm sure it's set up like the Ferris Wheel and Carousel in that you can simply plug and play where the crank exists.  Roller Coaster appears to have multiple cranks, however, so it will be a little more complicated possibly.

Just add ALL THE POWER FUNCTIONS!!!!! and relive RCT days of designing a death coaster and sending your patrons to a fiery death.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It looks like a $300-$350 set with all of those tracks :drag: 

320 euros was the original RRP for non taxed countries but it seems 380 USD will be the final one.

A pic of the full thing has leaked too so you get a couple of hot dog stands as well and at least 10 minifigs.

Edited by Val-E

I'm a little surprised they didn't use some truss pieces rather than all the 2x2 round bricks. 

No PF really isn't a surprise.

35 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

the pink beehive as cotton candy is a great use of that part. 

Is that the same part?  I thought it was, but the wider shot looks a little different.  Probably just using another part with the beehive that I'm not aware of.

In life, you sometimes look backward at the frivolous things you spent money on, and wonder “why did I do that?” (Hello, 1990s comic books)

The amount of hours I spent (wasted) sitting there playing RCT or SimCity is incalculable. Before kids, I remember my wife and I coming home work, going into our office, sitting down on our two computers and building away for 5+ hours at a time.

• Like 1