10261 - Roller Coaster

Val-E

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

The amount of hours I spent (wasted) sitting there playing RCT or SimCity is incalculable. Before kids, I remember my wife and I coming home work, going into our office, sitting down on our two computers and building away for 5+ hours at a time.

Before we had kids my wife and I spent numerous hours playing Diablo II together on our LAN. Working together to kick the crap out of the boss-monsters we encountered. Ah, those were the days... :P 

• Like 4

On 18. 4. 2018 at 10:48 AM, Haay said:

Before we had kids my wife and I spent numerous hours playing Diablo II together on our LAN. Working together to kick the crap out of the boss-monsters we encountered. Ah, those were the days... :P 

I had the same with Transport Tycoon - went even to the office after hours and played with friends all night till morning.. :)

• Like 1

320€

Sale 16 May vip member

Neben der Set-Nummer und der Set-Bezeichnung kennen wir nun auch die Anzahl der Teile. Laut Verpackung sind 4.124 Teile dabei. Die aufgebaute Achterbahn ist 88cm breit und 51cm hoch! Unseren Informationen nach wird der LEGO Creator Expert Roller Coaster (10261) ab dem 16. Mai 2018 für LEGO VIP-Karteninhaber vorab zum Preis von 319,99 Euro erhältlich sein. Regulärer Verkaufsstart ist dann ab dem 1. Juni 2018.

16 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Impressive set.

Sure but all of those white round 2x2 pieces that make up a large portion of the set could easily be replaced by less expensive stanchion type pieces or technic beams.  It wouldn't look as nice but it would probably drop the price some.  I'm not sure I see the value if this retails for $350.  And if there's any set that you'll want to add power functions to it's this one so figure around $400+ tax.  Ouch.  I'm interested in seeing how well the whole thing works in operation.  If it requires you to manually push it even with power functions that will make it much less impressive.

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, calmdahn said:

Also I really don’t like the design of the inverted tripod on the left.

Yeah, it looks like they cut corners to keep the piece count down.  The designers were probably trying for a hybrid wooden / steel coaster look.  Personally I find the new Creator Pirate roller coaster set much more appealing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

This looks a little boring to build if you ask me. Also I really don’t like the design of the inverted tripod on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I actually like the tripod.  LOL.  

45 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Sure but all of those white round 2x2 pieces that make up a large portion of the set could easily be replaced by less expensive stanchion type pieces or technic beams.  It wouldn't look as nice but it would probably drop the price some.  I'm not sure I see the value if this retails for $350.  And if there's any set that you'll want to add power functions to it's this one so figure around $400+ tax.  Ouch.  I'm interested in seeing how well the whole thing works in operation.  If it requires you to manually push it even with power functions that will make it much less impressive.

While the 2 X 2s don't bother me, LEGO does have some girder pieces that would have worked and looked better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Bumper Cars....

Nope, I don't think so. Every Fairground Theme set so far has the option to be motorised. Fairground Mixer, Ferris Wheel, Carousel, and now this Coaster. 

The rotating swing is definitely the most likely candidate to be revealed around this time next year. :) 

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

Nope, I don't think so. Every Fairground Theme set so far has the option to be motorised. Fairground Mixer, Ferris Wheel, Carousel, and now this Coaster. 

The rotating swing is definitely the most likely candidate to be revealed around this time next year. :) 

The bumper cars can be motorized, it will take some thought, but could be done..  I do think there will be other sets first, like maybe the swing.. If they can get that to go up and down and swing.. Yea, Yea... 

27 minutes ago, Haay said:

No fairground set next year....

• Sad 1