10261 - Roller Coaster

Val-E

So, it looks like the "roller coaster" by LEGO is finally (almost) here.

Sorry, but to me it looks kinda boring.  Will I buy one?  More than likely however the tracks are just too limiting.  The corners are all flat which really hampers the possibility of a more "fun/intense" rollercoaster.

It also looks to be very monotonous.

Also have to admit that I agree that there will be no fairground entry next year as TLG will be looking to sell more of these while probably retiring the Ferris Wheel, Carousel or possibly both although don't necessarily see that, just depends on the sales of the two.

I'm betting this will retail for something like $379/$389 (US).

Its just a longer version of the Jokers set or the Pirate Creator set (which honestly looks more fun and themed better than this "Expert" 4000 piece.  So there's two cents!

Edited by Banjodefairmont
error

14 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm surprised by the negative feedback on this set.  To me anyway, it looks like a complicated build and something that would display well with the other Fairgrounds sets.

It looks good to me. But unless there's some kind of weight in the cars, I have a hard time believing this thing can get back to the boarding area without assistance.  Hopefully the booklet or back of the box shows some examples of things that can be done with 3+ sets combined. 

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm surprised by the negative feedback on this set.  To me anyway, it looks like a complicated build and something that would display well with the other Fairgrounds sets.

I think it looks great. Excited to build it & maybe combine a couple for a gigacoaster. 

2 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

It looks good to me. But unless there's some kind of weight in the cars, I have a hard time believing this thing can get back to the boarding area without assistance.  Hopefully the booklet or back of the box shows some examples of things that can be done with 3+ sets combined. 

I thought the same thing then I saw the side view with dimensions. I think that it can get around easily when fully loaded. It might be challenging when there are no Minifigs, but the drops and rises of the hills make sense from my experience building coasters on RCT and from seeing a few coasters in my time. ?

23 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Is that realistic as an expectation? Has Lego ever done that before with a set? I.e. Shown what it looks like if you buy multiples?

Technic 40th...kind of.

• Like 1

Some of the negatives have yet to be validated. From a 1 picture visual standpoint I think it looks great. People complained about the ferris wheel because the short legged figs were needed to fit in the seats in order to not hit their head. Wait for the video I say.

On 4/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, Val-E said:

Creator Landmark (Eiffel Tower) year.

well, I think there is many more "facilities" to be considered.. like the bumper cars? or (i do not know how its properly called).. the swinging seats locked on the chains, rotating in the circle around the central pillar? how about the "house of horror" ride?.. the "high fall" I consider myself as really stupid to be worked at.. but perhaps the "centrifuge" could work its way.. but from all the sets that have been realised so far, the Roller Coaster rocks the most!

Edited by crayxlp

6 hours ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

I'm calling a Drop Tower.

That could be as well.  That might even be more likely.  Both mechanisms are pretty easy to do (we've seen MOCs of them).

I am willing to bet, if we're coming out with something as big of this, we might have a year off next year, and then the Drop Tower or Swing Set will come out (2020).

2 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Pepperidge Farm remembers...

10182 x6 ?!? ?

Awesome. Plain and simple. I love how it can basically break apart for easy movement, the switch-track is GREAT attention to detail and the tires used to help the train around the top hill is pretty neat. I can only imagine the MOCs people will make with this set alone...not to mention more than one. It wont be a day one purchase as I know I will have a lot of time to buy this, but this will definitely be in my list!

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 3

I guess those cheap Boosts from Target are going to come in mighty handy:

Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!

10261_Prod_20180425.jpg

• Like 4