21042 - Statue of Liberty

Alpinemaps

Yep good point. The more I look at this set the less I like it.

the problem is that it does a poor job of representing the human form of the statue. The base looks great as it's a brick structure anyway, but the contrast between the quality of the base vs. the Awkwardness of the statue doesn't help

Tourists who travel to New York and see the statue will not care about the accuracy of this set as much as I think people from the U.S. will. They will look at this as a memory or a gift they can buy to remember seeing it while on vacation. 

Same as I have a couple sets from Europe, even if I don’t know if it’s exactly accurate. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, nolanfan34 said:

People are hating on this way too much, I think it's a pretty interesting build. I do agree if they used the plate, why not do a printed one, and laughed at the excellent MS Paint above. 

I agree.  There needs to be more love in the world.  No reason to hate pentagons.

Guest TabbyBoy

If you're ever bored one day and happen to have 12 pentagons laying around, why not make a dodecahedron out of them?

• 2 weeks later...