40305 - LEGO Brand Store

The VIP polybag had stickers.

i bought the UCS snowspeeder and it has 35 stickers. That's unacceptable!

i bought my son a £4 duplo set. It had 6 bricks and two of those had detailed printing with one have printing on both sides. So if a £4 set can have 3 printed sides then there's no excuse to ever use stickers... the argument about the cost is BS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, andyposterfan said:

i bought my son a £4 duplo set. It had 6 bricks and two of those had detailed printing with one have printing on both sides. So if a £4 set can have 3 printed sides then there's no excuse to ever use stickers... the argument about the cost is BS.

Yes, it is stupid - but apparently LEGO management must believe that people really like stickers.

It's just one of the many things that belong on their very long list of stupid.

Guest TabbyBoy

I own a sign/print company and I confirm that direct printing to substrates in volume is cheaper, easier and more reliable than bloody stickers!

LEGO seem to have no business sense whatsoever and don't listen to their customers.

Producing yet more utter junk like Unikitty figures just tells me how desperate they are.

C'mon LEGO, fire your upper management and bring in some talent for once! Or... go under!

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

Thanks, that has stopped me buying a UCS snowspeeder. I was waiting for a big discount, I'll wait no more.

Have you seen high-end model kits?  They have tons of stickers.  And not the self-adhesive kind either.  

The primary complaint I have about stickers from LEGO is they don't have clear backing.  A white backed sticker on a white LEGO piece will look off because they're not the same color of white.  It would be better if the stickers were clear backed.  Then they would always look good regardless of what color LEGO they're applied to.

The one place I really dislike stickers though is a canopy.  Then again, it is a testament to the skill of the builder to get such a sticker right.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, KShine said:

Yes, it is stupid - but apparently LEGO management must believe that people really like stickers.

It's just one of the many things that belong on their very long list of stupid.

Besides being cheaper to manufacture, they like stickers because people "F" them up and they don't last, thus extra sales.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...