60197 - Passenger Train

exciter1

very attractive set. Great color scheme.

Also like that it doesn't have 2 front ends to it like the previous white one. This one, you could purchase 2 sets and have an impressive train with 4 passenger cars. With the last one you end up with a bunch of extra false engines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:
7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:
I definitely prefer this over the white and red ones.

Look at the German ICE trains to see where they got their inspiration from....

I knew those trains are what they were based on, but I do prefer this color scheme.  I also agree it's nice to have 2 passenger cars.

51 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Looking forward to finding out the cost, I think the last one was released in 2014 so by my reckoning this end up being around £160.

I thought I remembered reading the new sets were being priced roughly $20-30 over the RRP of the current ones, respectively.  60051 was $149.99USD and 60052 was $199.99USD, so we might expect 60197 to be $169.99USD and 60198 to be $229.99USD?  Just an estimate.

Guest TabbyBoy

Half a train like Horizon Express. I hope the RRP is high so that it doesn't affect 60051 too much as I was stupid enough to buy a couple at £65 each.

I know wonder if there'll be a new station and how hoarded it will be.

Half a train like Horizon Express. I hope the RRP is high so that it doesn't affect 60051 too much as I was stupid enough to buy a couple at £65 each.
You as a Brit should be happy, the new station is Kings Cross station :)

21 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I got one at £55, also hoping this will be expensive.

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

That's my concern too. You never know though, if the new power functions are rubbish then we may get lucky.

Lego have cocked up a lot recently so hopefully this is another one ?

9 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Made a comparison photo for convenience

High-Speed Compare.png

I dont know.. (how to put some voting system here).. but am i the only one who thinks that the 60051 design is sleek and much cooler than some "suburban" 60197?

EVEN the box art of 60061 gives you much more feeling of having "something exclusive" .. the picture area depicting the train is much larger.. practically no borders.. stretching from side to side (so to speak). while the box art of 60197 gets you the fixed break / barrier with a totally stupid City header motive.. which just further diminishes the "exclusive feeling" of having something truly superb.. BIG.. . no you just get some ordinary set.

60051 set (design) 5 *****
60197 set (design) 3 ***

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
13 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I dont know.. (how to put some voting system here).. but am i the only one who thinks that the 60051 design is sleek and much cooler than some "suburban" 60197?

EVEN the box art of 60061 gives you much more feeling of having "something exclusive" .. the picture area depicting the train is much larger.. practically no borders.. stretching from side to side (so to speak). while the box art of 60197 gets you the fixed break / barrier with a totally stupid City header motive.. which just further diminishes the "exclusive feeling" of having something truly superb.. BIG.. . no you just get some ordinary set.

60051 set (design) 5 *****
60197 set (design) 3 ***

I prefer 60051 too. I can't accept half a train with no arse end ?

• 2 weeks later...