BrickHeadz - general discussion

Alpinemaps

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Time to start looking at the Dimensions IP list to see what the next 40 BrickHeadz are going to be...

I would take a Scooby Doo/Shaggy set immediately. Give me a Gremlin/Mogwai and Goonies with Chung/Sloth, please. I'll admit I have completely embraced the theme and only am missing the exclusive CC ones and a few of the new releases.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I would take a Scooby Doo/Shaggy set immediately. Give me a Gremlin/Mogwai and Goonies with Chung/Sloth, please. I'll admit I have completely embraced the theme and only am missing the exclusive CC ones and a few of the new releases.

I agree, I am also a brickheadz fan and have all of them apart from the CC, I do have Boba fett/solo which is what got me collecting the series.

I moved the more general discussion, including speculation into this thread.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, thedingman5 said:

Time to start looking at the Dimensions IP list to see what the next 40 BrickHeadz are going to be...

So, you bring up a really good point.  Obviously, we've had Back to the Future, and (upcoming) Ghostbusters.  I liked the idea of reviewing the Dimensions IP list and also looked at the Ideas IP list, so here's a few that I think have a chance:

• Simpsons
  • Doctor Who (The Doctor - especially the new 13th Doctor and a Dalek or Cyberman?)
  • Scooby-Doo and Shaggy (yes please!)
  • The LEGO Movie (when TLM2 gets here)
  • Harley Quinn
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Gremlins
  • Goonies
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Beetlejuice
  • Voltron

There are other IP that I didn't mention.  I'm just throwing out a couple I wouldn't mind see, or that I think have a good shot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I moved the more general discussion, including speculation into this thread.

So, you bring up a really good point.  Obviously, we've had Back to the Future, and (upcoming) Ghostbusters.  I liked the idea of reviewing the Dimensions IP list and also looked at the Ideas IP list, so here's a few that I think have a chance:

• Simpsons
  • Doctor Who (The Doctor - especially the new 13th Doctor and a Dalek or Cyberman?)
  • Scooby-Doo and Shaggy (yes please!)
  • The LEGO Movie (when TLM2 gets here)
  • Harley Quinn
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Gremlins
  • Goonies
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Beetlejuice
  • Voltron

There are other IP that I didn't mention.  I'm just throwing out a couple I wouldn't mind see, or that I think have a good shot.

This is a good list of potential candidates.  The four I would like to see on this list are Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, Gremlins, Goonies, and Beetlejuice.  

• 4 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 1:46 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

Gizmo Gremlin, YEAAAH! PLEASE!! Id have even UCS Gizmo.. :hyper:

those are like the generic poly with a label like the LL Star Wars Minibuilds and that recent SW VIP card set.  Least looks to be to many pieces to be hand made like the Ninjago fidget spinners were.  Those were a mess.  Sent the parts individually and the bags and cards and employees had to hand make.  Needless to say not 100% accuracy...

On 1/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, Phil B said:

For all you BH completionists out there, just stumbled across this one:

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like a Shanghai store specific promo, coinciding with their opening in 2018. Link to at least one EBay listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-2018-Shanghai-2nd-flagship-store-opening-souvenir-Shimao-Brickheadz-6270050/113512216346

(not my listing)

I saw this one on Bricklink a few weeks ago.  That said, my completionist streak goes as far as the numbered BH’s.  This is how I (try to) convince myself not to spend ~$2k on this one and the eight pre-number 2016 SDCC DC and Marvel Brickheadz.

I saw this one on Bricklink a few weeks ago.  That said, my completionist streak goes as far as the numbered BH’s.  This is how I (try to) convince myself not to spend ~$2k on this one and the eight pre-number 2016 SDCC DC and Marvel Brickheadz.

I’m pretty sure there were only 80 of those. I’d like to get the build instructions so I can just BL this dang thing. This one might be the hardest tho.

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m pretty sure there were only 80 of those. I’d like to get the build instructions so I can just BL this dang thing. This one might be the hardest tho.

The Hair will be the biggest issue, otherwise it seems like a rather generic BHz build. I was able to find this.

https://www.myheadz.de/shimao-shanghai-store-exklusiver-brickhead/

• 3 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on the Dragon Dance Guy? Saw plenty at the Lego Store over the weekend (didn't buy any) and Limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home. I feel like they may do well with the hype over the limited edition Chinese New Years' Asian sets (80101 and 80102), but it'll all depend on how long they produce it. 

Dragon Dance Guy.jpg

10 hours ago, oneknightr said:

What are your thoughts on the Dragon Dance Guy? Saw plenty at the Lego Store over the weekend (didn't buy any) and Limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home. I feel like they may do well with the hype over the limited edition Chinese New Years' Asian sets (80101 and 80102), but it'll all depend on how long they produce it. 

lego tagged it as seasonal set so it should have a relatively shorter shelf life. Plus, there are no other outlets other than lego itself is selling it, so I imagine the market is not flooded. However, since its design is generic, even though it may be done later this year it can very much be brought back next year to celebrate 2020 chinese new year. I guess it all depends on how long the 80101, 80102 and the unreleased dragon boat set will stay as it appears to me the existence of DDG BH is undoubtedly for matching those regional sets. I think Lego will start to phase it out after chinese dragon boat festival this year which happens in June.

The set itself is unique and it doesn't look like we are getting more chinese themed BH anytime soon. I bought one for personal collection to pair with the 80101 and 80102 I acquired. May pick up a few more down the road

• Like 2

10 hours ago, oneknightr said:

What are your thoughts on the Dragon Dance Guy?

I don't know about investment but I like the build a lot. It is one of the more unique also festive Brickheadz characters to have been officially released. There will always be a Chinese New Year to celebrate yet even such does not necessarily mean this will be re-released exactly the same every year (long as the theme continues anyway). I could see this in some future double pack though, perhaps teamed up with a Brickheadz representing that year's zodiac.

• Like 1