The LEGO Movie 2 - 2019

Doofy McGee

Just watched the trailer, and I like what I see so far.  I really loved the original.  Then I watched The Lego Batman Movie and I was not as excited about it because of how my expectations got set by the first movie.  Then I watched The Lego Ninjago movie and I was somewhat irritated with that movie and felt the "Lego Movie" concept was dead.  However, this sequel to the original looks nice because there's enough familiarity with the characters to tie back to the original but there's newness to the story and plenty of opportunity for cool sets that will pair with the release.  I'm also glad that the music selection has changed from Taylor Swift "Bad Blood" junk to Beastie Boys "Intergalactic".  That right there was enough to feel like we were back on track.  The alien minifigure will be cool to have and I like the smooth designs of its ship.  I'm in!

• Like 3

This is just beyond amazing.
This trailer just ticked all of my expectations boxes.
+ main antagonist as a Lego Friends minifigure which majority of AFOLS hates and still considering as no "kosher" part of the LEGO lineup.
- pefrect.
I'm so pumped to see this next year.

just give me Lando and his
"where did you get that sweet space cape brother"
and I'm going all-in.

• Like 6

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage at the feminist social justice stuff that everyone  so many hate about the star wars universe lately?

That's clearly the crux of this trailer, if not the film.

Too early to tell obviously if it's just one joke or if the point will be questioning why the man is so special when Wyld Style (sp?) did all the warrior stuff and master building, and now an alien with a disguised voice & face (who will obviously be revealed to be a female friends toy has taken our heroes to a land where (perhaps) all the Female friends characters outnumber the men 10:1.

But the trailer showed us mad max in the first 2 minutes of the film so everyone's in!

Or maybe that is all a head-fake. Lord & Miller are pretty talented.

Edited by mudcatsfan

1 hour ago, mudcatsfan said:

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage at the feminist social justice stuff that everyone  so many hate about the star wars universe lately?

That's clearly the crux of this trailer, if not the film.

Too early to tell obviously if it's just one joke or if the point will be questioning why the man is so special when Wyld Style (sp?) did all the warrior stuff and master building, and now an alien with a disguised voice & face (who will obviously be revealed to be a female friends toy has taken our heroes to a land where (perhaps) all the Female friends characters outnumber the men 10:1.

But the trailer showed us mad max in the first 2 minutes of the film so everyone's in!

Or maybe that is all a head-fake. Lord & Miller are pretty talented.

Just like any reasonable person, I need more evidence before I rev up my outrage engine :yawn:

I am more interested in how Lord & Miller going to lampoon Solo after how KK treated them over at LucasFilm.  I would not be surprised if the bad guy/girl in TLM2 is (not so) loosely based on Madam KK :D :D :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just like any reasonable person, I need more evidence before I rev up my outrage engine :yawn:

I am more interested in how Lord & Miller going to lampoon Solo after how KK treated them over at LucasFilm.  I would not be surprised if the bad guy/girl in TLM2 is (not so) loosely based on Madam KK :D :D :D

NOW you're talking. I could see them dropping a sly joke in there somewhere. But not sure they could bash the film itself, I thought it held up fine. Just clearly wasn't THEIR version.

At the end of the day, no prequel can ever have the true tension you need because YOU KNOW HOW ITS GOING TO END UP unless you make a huge plot twist.

That was the tragic flaw of EP 1-3 for me. There was no twist, there was no surprise, it just played out.

Edited by mudcatsfan

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

29514000468_e619d3b14c_b.jpg

Looks like the Downtown Diner transformed into a spaceship!  The spherical shape is novel and interesting.  What's hard to get use to is the idea of a set that could include regular Lego pieces, Duplo regular Lego pieces that LOOK like Duplo (upon closer inspection), and minidolls.  That's a crossover I haven't seen before!

Edited by MusiKyle