UCS 10030 For Sale

Asked a few days ago about the Brick Classifieds. Looks like this feature did not pan out here so I decided to list on eBay.

This is the listing http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=222971534110&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Sorry if this is a breach of etiquette for the forum or against the rules, but links leading to the Brick Classifieds are pretty dated / broken and it is not all all clear what the protocol is for posting listings from eBay here.

Just trying to find an AFOL who is interested in a legitimate single owner USC 10030 in above average condition and let them know it is available.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this is not per current forum etiquette/protocol.

For selling on ebay, I think your price is fine if it's still sealed and box is in good shape.  I'll admit I didn't read the listing but saw it was listed as new.  Exciter is right, though, you're not going to find many here willing to spend big aftermarket prices.  Everybody here is looking for that next great deal.  

Not sure of your experience level of selling on eBay and this is just my opinion (I repeat this is just my opinion), but you really need to change a few things to your listing to sell this item. You may sell it the way your ad is, but you should have a lot more then 4 pictures on your listing. Ebay allow up to 12 pictures to be added for free. Having close ups of the seals and pictures from different angles to show the actual condition of the item would help reassure someone that is debating whether or not they trust you enough to spend $1600. In your description you state about the two imperfections which is great, but you cut off one of them in the picture you took. The more pictures you post will allow the buyer to feel like you actually own the item instead of finding some random pictures online and posting them as your own. It feels like you are trying to hid something in my opinion which you may not be.

Explaining how you are going to ship it and even adding pictures of how it will be packaged would be another key factor if I would spend $1600. Waiting until someone buys it, then running around trying to find a box it will fit in is a mistake. Shipping items this big is not something that should be rush and can be the difference between you keeping the money from the sale.

Stating “No Returns” means nothing since eBay’s Money Back Guarantee allows any buyer to get their money back with the click of a button. Not accepting returns may help scare grandma into accepting an item that has been damaged, but that’s about it. You might as well change your policy and state the buyer has to pay return shipping and refund will be processed when you receive and examine it. Even then you may only get an empty box back.

Brickpicker has tons of information about selling on eBay. Like I said before this is just my opinion. One last piece of advice from someone who sells on eBay regularly, I would never list this set on eBay. I don’t know the going price for this set, but whatever it is I would recommend slashing your price around 25% and doing a cash sale in person. Piece of mind that someone can’t do a chargeback is worth a couple hundred dollars personally. Plus you won’t have to deal with fees and shipping.

• Like 5

Thanks for the advice. I'll see about revising the listing. I certainly don't want to appear to be hiding something.

I would love to do an in person sale, but seems that would limit my customer base. Plus gettng somewhere in the DC metro area can be extremely time consuming even if it's not all that far.

It's a shame eBay has gotten so sketchy for assuring seamless transactions. I think it used to be better under the old feedback system. That had it's own issues as well, but at least you had some form of recourse if a sale went awry.

• Like 1