10262 - James Bond Aston Martin DB5

Val-E

22 hours ago, Mathew said:

Nothing lazy about the design.  Also including minifigs in a model of this scale would make little sense.  

Could the rotating wheel blades not have been designed as a retractable element as opposed to shoving them as an add-on into the trunk? That is lazy design, particularly for a car where most of the draw and appeal for Bond fans is in the Q modifications.

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I just bought one to get the card.  It is probably one of those sets that can only be enjoyed if you build it and appreciate all the neat gadgets and features.  Honestly, it is just an ugly model and will not be displayed in my office.

TLG still know how to sucker their customers into buying early.

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I'm on the fence to get one just because of the "Licence to Build" promo card. If Banana Suit guy was still available, I probably would have pulled the trigger.

YMMV but i chatted with a LEGO customer care rep the other day inquiring about 10262 PDF instruction release date, during which i lamented missing banana suit guy and they sent me one.  

20 hours ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Could the rotating wheel blades not have been designed as a retractable element as opposed to shoving them as an add-on into the trunk? That is lazy design, particularly for a car where most of the draw and appeal for Bond fans is in the Q modifications.

i really think that's quibbling over a fine point. can you think of a way the blades could have been easily made retractable? the amount of "playable" detail on the set is pretty sweet if you ask me. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:58 AM, Shewie said:

uk ebay completed listing search proves how new comers into the game were wrong about potential of this set. I mean very, very wrong.
this turkey barely makes RPP straight out of the listing for signed box. - fees and shipping....

I managed to get two of these sets ' signed ' on the day - and have already sold one for a lovely sum of £285 on ebay including postage. Minus fees etc, i am in for at least £110 profit :) Happy days 

I also sold one that wasn't signed - for £175 - no profit really, but got the points :)

Edited by Thebrickman2018
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
19 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Must be desperate times in the LEGO offices when they  feel the need to include paper-based gimmicks to sell sets in their retail life.   A limited run of a James Bond minifig poly would have been better.  

They are in deep doggy-doo. Expect some VERY negative news quite soon. I always say, "The bigger they are, the harder the fall!" I really think that LEGO is done for, they've just got far too big, too greedy, too mismanaged and over-estimated demand which appears to have dropped a huge amount. Just look at how much lower eBay prices are now. I bet a lot of you wished you bailed last year before the crash. I should've stayed out, silly me!

This half-arsed attempt at a DB5 is utterly disgusting and guaranteed to be the biggest turkey to date, what do LEGO take us for? I saw one that a friend had built and didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Oi... LEGO.... why didn't you produce that superb IDEAS E-Type instead of this utter diarrhoea!? BTW... L*PIN now makes better quality bricks than you do!

14 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

They are in deep doggy-doo. Expect some VERY negative news quite soon. I always say, "The bigger they are, the harder the fall!" I really think that LEGO is done for, they've just got far too big, too greedy, too mismanaged and over-estimated demand which appears to have dropped a huge amount. Just look at how much lower eBay prices are now. I bet a lot of you wished you bailed last year before the crash. I should've stayed out, silly me!

This half-arsed attempt at a DB5 is utterly disgusting and guaranteed to be the biggest turkey to date, what do LEGO take us for? I saw one that a friend had built and didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Oi... LEGO.... why didn't you produce that superb IDEAS E-Type instead of this utter diarrhoea!? BTW... L*PIN now makes better quality bricks than you do!

hi, for all I know Kladno factory is hiring BIG TIME.. truly.. (no sarcasm intended).. They have to have a reason for that after that massive lay-off last autumn.. - wonder if we ever learn if "that one" really payed off - to let go some skilled and longterm workers go.. 

9 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

hi, for all I know Kladno factory is hiring BIG TIME.. truly.. (no sarcasm intended).. They have to have a reason for that after that massive lay-off last autumn.. - wonder if we ever learn if "that one" really payed off - to let go some skilled and longterm workers go.. 

They basically went back to staff levels before Lego Movie - no big deal.

Of course if they fired the good people and kept on the cheap ones then there could be a problem.

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, Val-E said:

They basically went back to staff levels before Lego Movie - no big deal.

Of course if they fired the good people and kept on the cheap ones then there could be a problem.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's the typical big fish that doesn't reward it's talent - the most valuable asset of all.

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's the typical big fish that doesn't reward it's talent - the most valuable asset of all.

True but the CEO and CFO both left before the emergency light came on.

I still think the next Lego Movie will be the best yardstick as to how they are doing.

One good thing about the Aston is it is not a remake or rehash and if it is popular they could exploit the licence for a full theme based around the next movie.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I still think the next Lego Movie will be the best yardstick as to how they are doing.

OMG... yet more turkeys and a resurrection of the Sea Cow. Not to mention that dreadful Unikitty (the only cat I really detest!)

• 2 weeks later...

This evening, I was bored, so I was checking out the lego website again after many months of boycotting them. And when I saw this set on the homepage my heartbeat stopped for a sec. Honoustly, I do not think this set is too bad. Surely it could be so much better. But many also were not enthousiastic about the Delorean's design. And we all know how well that one performed. 

• 1 year later...