10262 - James Bond Aston Martin DB5

Val-E

Now THIS is interesting news!
1675270337_LEGODB5.jpg.2d528aa716c30d0b460075896cf42b2b.jpg
Highlighted the "motorized" by me. 
They might have done the same thing in this set like with the upcoming motorized Batmobile (76112) set. That would also explain the elevated price point...

Wow, talk about something that shouldn’t be hyped.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Don´t want to rain on your parade but I think they mean motorised as in has an engine and not PF. Will be pleasantly suprised if it does have PF.

All the previous cars in this line had an engine block made from Lego, visible by lifting the hood or rear side. That would not warrant special mentioning this...

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

All the previous cars in this line had an engine block made from Lego, visible by lifting the hood or rear side. That would not warrant special mentioning this...

They all had 4 wheels too yet they feel the need to mention that....

17 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Pretty ugly...yet if it does have some cool 007 functions, might be a sleeper.

I don't care if this thing can backflip.  It's ugly, plain and simple.  If Lego truly took functionality over design, they lost my money.  Others will disagree, but that's my take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

I don't care if this thing can backflip.  It's ugly, plain and simple.  If Lego truly took functionality over design, they lost my money.  Others will disagree, but that's my take.

I was trying to be kind.  Honestly, a hack builder like myself could have done a better job.  LOL

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

agreed.  hopefully it will look better in-person.  

this was probably a challenge to design w/ bricks considering the light color, the sports car it's based on and including motorized functions. 

regardless, this car might only have 2 good viewing angles : top down and from the front.  the C pillar area is awful.

You guys are overreacting over one picture.  Wait until the official reveal and seeing the actual set in person.  Personally I think the Porche 911 and Bugatti look butt-ugly.  At least this is similar to the VW Camper etc. in that it's brick built and not a Technic mess with gaps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Migration said:

Yeah, multi national corporations really should consult random internet posters when making licensing decisions.

Funny thing is that many corporations do read the fan forums to get ideas and feedback.  I know it started years ago with video game companies and designers.  It might not be the CEO reading stuff, but LEGO and other corporations have people reading fan forums.  This is fact.  

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Funny thing is that many corporations do read the fan forums to get ideas and feedback.  I know it started years ago with video game companies and designers.  It might not be the CEO reading stuff, but LEGO and other corporations have people reading fan forums.  This is fact.  

Well if they've read for any length of time here, then they'll surely be aware that they can safely ignore Tabby.

• Like 1