LEGO storage in Seras wrap?

Lori123

Question

Hi! I’m looking for advice on how to keep my husband’s LEGO collection safe when we move and then store them at our new home. 

I saw some people on YouTube say that they wrapped the minifigures in kitchen plastic wrap and then put them in plastic storage bins to keep them from getting scratched up from one another. 

This seems alright for a few weeks, but the boxes of wrapped minifigures might end up in storage for years depending on if my husband puts them up for display or not. 

Is there a chance that the wrap could degrade and harm his collection? His legos really make him happy and it would be sad if anything happened to them. 

The wrap I’ve started using is regular BPA free plastic wrap for food. If that’s a danger I can start over with safer materials. 

Thank you for your time and I hope someone has some insight to help me keep my husband from a possible LEGO tragedy! 

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

As long as it's low light, low humidity, it should be fine. I wrap my boxes in seran wrap to limit shelf wear/bugs and spiders in my storage area. As long as your not running his Minifigures on a spin cycle regularly, I don't see the need. If you want to get crazy, you can get those cheap tackle box inserts from Walmart

Yea, I echo the same thought; more effort than it’s worth. LEGO ships their sets with the bricks loose in bags, prone to rubbing on each other. It doesn’t hurt the lego. Wrapping figs individually to prevent that damage is a bit of a waste of time in my honest opinion. :)

• Like 1