San Diego Comic Con 2018

scatttcat

I like the Aquaman set and like the packaging.

But I’m not waiting in line for that. If I can walk up and buy it great. But this is LEGO and SDCC so we know it won’t be that way.

No idea what this year is going to look like. A lot of rumors though that they are moving away from the lines and moving to a simple raffle system like last nycc .... meaning the more comic con badges you have in your family / friends circle, the better your chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

For anyone going to comic con....

Comic con released an email today stating that Lego (along with Hasbro and Funko and others) will in fact be within their online exclusives portal this year (meaning you enter a digital library to get a chance to buy). 

The exclusives are live, but the portal is frozen currently. You have until july 12 to login into your comic con member ID and enter the lottery for whichever companies you want a chance at. 

This implies to me Lego is doing away with the lines and such this year, but who knows. Maybe they do both.

Edited by scatttcat
Portal is actually live, it just won't load due to traffic

Here's the email that went out:

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 4.25.55 PM.png

The impression I get from that is that you'll enter online and online only.  There will be no lines for Funko, LEGO, Hasbro, etc.  Everyone that is eligible to enter can enter, and then they close the portal down.  Then they'll do their random selection.

I tried to access the portal, and first got a 504 Time Out, then got in to an empty site (e.g., no Exclusives listed).  However, I'm hearing that there were products listed at one point, but that the site is crashing at the moment.

Guess we'll see how it all plays out in the next day or so.

Edit to Add:  Here's the FAQ on Comic-Con's site if you're interested.

Yeah I can get to the exclusives page but its all blank. It is entertaining watching people FREAK out on twitter though hahaha. They all must have their Funkos!

I think the same thing, as long as you get in by July 12th you are fine.

Question is... it seems there are time slots to choose and add to your account... so lets say EVERYONE tries for 12p-1p..... but no one tries for 8am - 9am.... in theory your chances are better to jump in the earlier time slot I guess?

I wish they just had everyone enter and then randomly assign time slots. Seems more fair... but hey, its comic con lol

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Here's the email that went out:

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 4.25.55 PM.png

The impression I get from that is that you'll enter online and online only.  There will be no lines for Funko, LEGO, Hasbro, etc.  Everyone that is eligible to enter can enter, and then they close the portal down.  Then they'll do their random selection.

I tried to access the portal, and first got a 504 Time Out, then got in to an empty site (e.g., no Exclusives listed).  However, I'm hearing that there were products listed at one point, but that the site is crashing at the moment.

Guess we'll see how it all plays out in the next day or so.

Edit to Add:  Here's the FAQ on Comic-Con's site if you're interested.

Submit a request for the lottery for each of your registered badges.  Sign up with separate emails for them if you have to.  Just saying... ;)

• Like 1

I actually like this system a lot... It just feels more fair.... but ask me again when I get denied after July 12 for everything lol

Under the old system, I had zero chance, because I’m not waiting in line for 12 hours.

Under this system, even if I don’t get anything at least I had a chance.

This is a win-win for a majority here, though. More people have a chance to get the exclusives. And, it gets people out of line and back inside spending money.

Hard to spend money in the con when you’re waiting in line.

Overall, customer and vendor satisfaction should go up this year.
  • Like 3

The random factor makes me feel somewhat better about getting skunked on passes this year, since I used exclusives to finance passes for family and hotel etc. Hate to lay out all that cash and end up not being able to buy the sure winners. Still envy all of you who're going, though!