San Diego Comic Con 2018

scatttcat

I expect ebay to be flooded with more SDCC minifigures than ever.  In previous years a good chunk of them went to people who actually wanted them as they were willing to sit in line to get them. Now everyone will enter the drawing since they know they can make some money off them and there’s no reason not to give the lottery a try whether you like the item or not. 

SDCC sets are some of my favorites.  I like the "retro comic book" look of the boxes.  Unfortunately, these SDCC sets were once affordable to people like me who could not get to the event in person, but the prices the last few years are just silly for what you get.  Yes, the are limited and highly collectible, but really the only person who makes money from these are the people who sell them first.

I can't tell if I'm the weirdo, or what, but I thought these were kinda neat.

Yet the vast majority of responses once again, are complaints, objections, and negative comments.

Is it just that negative reactions are more eager to post? Is it that collector communities are just super jaded? Why is everything always LAME? Why is everything too hard to get, too expensive, too small, too whatever.

Am I alone in getting kinda bummed out that every discussion topic feels oppressively negative?

Is it because this is a Lego investing site instead of a lego appreciation site?

Seriously asking, i'm totally willing to be told, i'm the weirdo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

I can't tell if I'm the weirdo, or what, but I thought these were kinda neat.

Yet the vast majority of responses once again, are complaints, objections, and negative comments.

Is it just that negative reactions are more eager to post? Is it that collector communities are just super jaded? Why is everything always LAME? Why is everything too hard to get, too expensive, too small, too whatever.

Am I alone in getting kinda bummed out that every discussion topic feels oppressively negative?

Is it because this is a Lego investing site instead of a lego appreciation site?

It is envy more than anything :drag: 

But seriously, that Sheriff Deadpool minifig is AWESOME!! The packaging is icing on the cake

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is envy more than anything :drag: 

But seriously, that Sheriff Deadpool minifig is AWESOME!! The packaging is icing on the cake

I think so too.  I’m not a huge Marvel fan but I’ll be monitoring eBay for this one.  I think this will be more popular than last year’s Deadpool Duck.

Im not sold on the three sets. It’s not necessarily me being negative from an investment standpoint, but as a lego fan.

I feel like the sets lack creatively compared to past years sets, that’s all. Best one would be Aquaman in my opinion.

Now, as for that cowboy Deadpool, that is a cool minifigure and I second the notion it becomes more popular than Deadpool duck. I’m thinking it’s rivals The Collectors price tag ultimately.

I also agree that since everyone can get a shot at this via the raffle, eBay will have a flood right after they are given out on Saturday. Bet you will be able to scoop up one at a decent price when everyone plays “my price is lowest” game.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, mudcatsfan said:

The conversations in general here are hardly any different from the likes of Brickset or Eurobricks really with a few exceptions reaching YouTube trash talk levels. Admittedly there have been some harsh responses of late between the reveals of Voltron, the Aston Martin DB5, and here. Regarding the Comic-Con exclusives I would just say I am whelmed.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:39 PM, mudcatsfan said:

Welcome to the internet...the place where all of the Negative Nancy's like to spill their sludge. It gets tiresome....Society in general finds it WAY more easy to complain about everything, and compliment almost nothing.  You are not alone mudcatsfan......

• Like 2

As much as I love the CW shows, I don't have any of the CC minifigs.  And as much as I like the minifigs, I'm not shelling out for them.  So, in a way, I'm glad that they are continuing the tradition of CW characters (4th year in a row).  If I get one, great, but I'd rather have Vixen or Atom of the 4 that have come out.

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

As much as I love the CW shows, I don't have any of the CC minifigs.  And as much as I like the minifigs, I'm not shelling out for them.  So, in a way, I'm glad that they are continuing the tradition of CW characters (4th year in a row).  If I get one, great, but I'd rather have Vixen or Atom of the 4 that have come out.

Still need to get my hands on an Arsenal, but they only get more expensive as time goes on :(