76117 - Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech

scatttcat

I like the set.  I really like the design of the Bat Mech.  Ivy Mech is going to be more plant based than machine, anyway, so lol.

But we've got Firefly (new minifig), and they've finally given the Flash dual molded legs.  Its about time we get a Flash with yellow boots!

17 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I like the set.  I really like the design of the Bat Mech.  Ivy Mech is going to be more plant based than machine, anyway, so lol.

But we've got Firefly (new minifig), and they've finally given the Flash dual molded legs.  Its about time we get a Flash with yellow boots!

I like the bat mech and firefly addition too... just wish they balanced it out a little more and gave Ivy more vegetation (I don't know if that is the right word)? Or maybe even her plant monster some sort of face (like the abilisk in 76081).

I really want a large monster plant with Ivy :D

I feel like the term "Mech" at the very least implies something mechanical. Still when considering Poison Ivy the wispy tree does fit her, only the scale and execution is hardly intimidating. In all honesty any better fitting idea we could have for her would probably not translate very well into a LEGO model. I mean I can imagine Ivy calling forth vines and bark wrapping around her to form a kind of morphing bodysuit, however in LEGO form it may end up looking little more than sticking a Poison Ivy minifigure into a modified Clayface design with bits of foliage stuck on for extra measure. Either way the Batmech looks wicked.

• 5 months later...
Just now, jeff_14 said:

Just saw this in a TRU Canada yesterday for $50.

I wouldn't pay $50 dollars for that! I would pay $15-$20 bucks for that. Not worth it at the price it's at now {$39.99 US} I'm afraid.:no2: 

I would pay about $20 for it. But that's still a little steep, investment wise! 

I do love DC sets though! I like the Flash, and I do agree that they just put him in as a side mini-figure in lots of DC sets. :cry: 

Edited by The Builder

11 minutes ago, The Builder said:

I wouldn't pay $50 dollars for that! I would pay $15-$20 bucks for that. Not worth it at the price it's at now {$39.99 US} I'm afraid.:no2: 

I would pay about $20 for it. But that's still a little steep, investment wise! 

I do love DC sets though! I like the Flash, and I do agree that they just put him in as a side mini-figure in lots of DC sets. :cry: 

There's quite a few stores by me that will sell this for 50% off or so within a year. Just have to wait.

Just now, jeff_14 said:

Any set in the $5 to $80 range can usually be had for 50% off up here at one chain after a while. We rarely see better deals than that so I'll wait for that. I'd only pay more if it had some good/rare minifigures. Firefly doesn't cut it.

I agree. For me, it would have to be at least 50%, maybe more. It's not the greatest investment, but I might be able to make a little. 

I love investing in Speed Champions! They seem to have great growth, and I don't really need to wait for a discount. But I do invest in super heroes, just maybe not this one.