75955 - Hogwarts Express

Val-E

Built the Hogwarts Express and put it on LEGO train track along with the King's Cross Station (powered by a passenger car, engine is still stock).   Would you believe the Train will not go under the bridge as built in the Instructions? Yep! There is a black smoke stack that is 1/3 brick too tall and hits the underside of the bridge.  Fortunately this smoke stack sits on a round 2x2 piece that can be removed to solve the issue... Cannot believe this was released like this by LEGO...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

Built the Hogwarts Express and put it on LEGO train track along with the King's Cross Station (powered by a passenger car, engine is still stock).   Would you believe the Train will not go under the bridge as built in the Instructions? Yep! There is a black smoke stack that is 1/3 brick too tall and hits the underside of the bridge.  Fortunately this smoke stack sits on a round 2x2 piece that can be removed to solve the issue... Cannot believe this was released like this by LEGO...

That's weird, my train fits under the bridge with smoke stack intact on a track without hitting the bridge.

Hogwarts Express.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gregpj said:

Why does he need 20 mins to do the review? Does the new youtube require you to make content that is painfully long in order to be pushed up the search rankings?

I can't watch or listen for that long ... yeesh.

I thought Canadians listed patience as an occupation. Has your BP been hacked by a millennial?

16 hours ago, Val-E said:

I thought Canadians listed patience as an occupation. Has your BP been hacked by a millennial?

Ask my kids how patient I am at bed time.

They take even more than 20 minutes and I can't sit through that either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Backorder in the US but shipping September 10. Can't see any way they stop making these now. HP is by far the best selling line for LEGO at the moment and their best chance at having a good financial year. I suspect they will ride the entire HP line through the holidays with the new fantastic beasts movie due out in November. I expect we might even some new sets to be developed.

Maybe the HP minifigures end as normal as those seem to have tight 3-4 month runs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

Other than SAH which has kept it at the $80 price point, this has quietly disappeared from online retailers this week.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

pretty popular item and it is the season  .

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

I had actually expected it to disappear sooner with the $65 perma-sale that had been going on in most places. 

It's a popular choice for the Target $10 gift card promo. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/5/2018 at 7:26 AM, gregpj said:

Why does he need 20 mins to do the review? Does the new youtube require you to make content that is painfully long in order to be pushed up the search rankings?

I can't watch or listen for that long ... yeesh.

Long video's help keep the audience engaged longer to the platform.. One of the main metrics on the site is watch minutes.. But 20 minutes for a lego review is way too long. 

On 7/5/2018 at 8:42 AM, scatmanjack said:

The 79755 should go under the bridge (on track) ok.. They didn't do much in the way of backward compatibility testing with other trains.. My 60197 fits.. Just.. But 60052's cargo won't fit.. It's anoying, but simple mod to make the bridge slightly taller. 

• 4 months later...
49 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I want to display my Hogwarts Express on LEGO track.  However I've never dealt with LEGO track before.  Can anyone tell me how long a single piece of straight track is? or how many pieces I need for this set, thanks

5" or 16 studs per straight track

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zaphoid said:

I want to display my Hogwarts Express on LEGO track.  However I've never dealt with LEGO track before.  Can anyone tell me how long a single piece of straight track is? or how many pieces I need for this set, thanks

I think you will need 5 pieces of straight track minimum for display (has a small allowance on each end).

Edit - 4 will just cut it.

20200608_180041.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1