Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone knows anything about this? 100% lego 
C0F8AE89-C37E-4F79-B19D-88EF85D79EF8.thumb.jpeg.6758beb20de74e3c918e9e07342afb02.jpeg
There were red Vader helmets that leaked out a decade ago. This is the new style helmet though so I've got no idea what this is but it looks interesting.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordinarily, I'd guess it's a figure for the Star Wars advent calendar.  However, they've already done Vader several years ago (quite well, I thought), and this year's calendar appears to have no holiday characters at all.  It would be cool if this was a surprise inclusion in this year's set, but I would doubt that.  Maybe a figure for the 2019 set?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boliramirez said:

S

Any value on this?  I might be able to get a couple from a friend.....

If it's a legit figure(as in it is produced by lego) and not a custom, yeah, it will have value.  Proving to a buyer that it's legit will be the hardest part until there is verification that the figure is truly made by a Lego factory in that form.  I could very much see that as an Advent character or polybag of some sort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

If it's a legit figure(as in it is produced by lego) and not a custom, yeah, it will have value.  Proving to a buyer that it's legit will be the hardest part until there is verification that the figure is truly made by a Lego factory in that form.  I could very much see that as an Advent character or polybag of some sort.  

Well all the parts have the lego mark, so that is easy.... there is one helmet alone being sold on ebay.... the same these have.... for 1000 bucks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

Well all the parts have the lego mark, so that is easy.... there is one helmet alone being sold on ebay.... the same these have.... for 1000 bucks !

I'm sure they are Lego parts, just whether they are manufactured that way, or if they were wiped and somebody custom printed on authentic parts.  If you are getting them from an inside source at a Lego plant, then they are probably good.  Proving that is going to be the hard part to get maximum value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'm sure they are Lego parts, just whether they are manufactured that way, or if they were wiped and somebody custom printed on authentic parts.  If you are getting them from an inside source at a Lego plant, then they are probably good.  Proving that is going to be the hard part to get maximum value.

well the helmet alone is rare...... I guess I will be ok..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KShine said:

Comparing the print between the 2 shown - it doesn't seem to match up.

They look the same ..... where do you see a difference?

C0F8AE89-C37E-4F79-B19D-88EF85D79EF8.jpeg.913a19273016ced58e5da68e5ebea386.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

They look the same ..... where do you see a difference?

C0F8AE89-C37E-4F79-B19D-88EF85D79EF8.jpeg.913a19273016ced58e5da68e5ebea386.jpeg

The leg printing don't appear to match (I didn't look too much at the torsos) - yes, printing can be offset a bit from fig to fig, but these seem to be inconsistent with each other.

It could also be the angle/lighting, but to me they look a bit off.

Edited by KShine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The leg printing don't appear to match (I didn't look too much at the torsos) - yes, printing can be offset a bit from fig to fig, but these seem to be inconsistent with each other.
It could also be the angle/lighting, but to me they look a bit off.


Yeah the one on the left looks like "heavier thicker" white has been applied. Just in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see well enough, what Vader helmet mold is it? Like the first one, or one of the first? From years ago? There used to be original, red Vader helmets of the old mold/shape of the helmet. I can’t remember story behind them, it’s been probably 10+ years.

No clue as to the rest of the minifig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old red helmets were I believe verified as legit Lego manufactured prototypes, hence the value. As it stands  without any proof of origin these are recent Lego figs custom painted/printed. Dozens of people have the skills to produce one of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 4:58 AM, roxio said:

The old red helmets were I believe verified as legit Lego manufactured prototypes, hence the value. As it stands  without any proof of origin these are recent Lego figs custom painted/printed. Dozens of people have the skills to produce one of these.

The Type 2 helmet alone with markings is what makes this valuable , there is no way to prove that the printing was made at the factory , and it was indeed made there ,it is just a bonus.....  these are printing tests and prototype helmets....

Front.jpg

Helmet Collar.jpg

Helmet lego logo.jpg

Edited by boliramirez
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 4:13 PM, KShine said:

The leg printing don't appear to match (I didn't look too much at the torsos) - yes, printing can be offset a bit from fig to fig, but these seem to be inconsistent with each other.

It could also be the angle/lighting, but to me they look a bit off.

The legs appear to be heavily affected by the angle, the waist printing however is different.

The line thickness is for sure different too.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The legs appear to be heavily affected by the angle, the waist printing however is different.

The line thickness is for sure different too.

image.png

Seriously though, now you got me looking too. How about this:670005E9-833B-4E80-9D1A-119CC2908251.thumb.jpeg.11a53c3306629b288493119b33b48369.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The legs appear to be heavily affected by the angle, the waist printing however is different.

The line thickness is for sure different too.

image.png

 

Here is a better pic I took with a Macro Lens.... the pattern is the same, there are imperfections / differences in the applied Ink  , thinner % on each. These are test to set up the pad printers....  

 

PS The original pictures I shared were not mine.. 

DSC_0641.JPG

Edited by boliramirez
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×