75230 - Porg

Val-E

This will forever remind me of guitarist Wes Borland's eyes from Limp Bizkit in the late 90s/00s.  This porg must've gotten into the wrong island grass to appear that dialated... what an odd creature.  I assume it has some great things in way of Lego design and build challenges.  It's just somewhat off putting, I don't like the way it stares like that.

20180729_073213.jpg

• Like 1

So for these type of LEGO sets we have the Darth Maul bust, Yoda, R2-D2, BB-8, and now the Porg.  Although I can really freak people out with the Darth Maul bust, I would still want that or any other of these more than the porg.  Like some one else said, I'm not sure they really captured "cute."  Guess I'll need to see it in person but I don't see me "needing" this to complete my UCS collection. 

The polybag sized porg LEGO gave away a month ago or so is much better imo.

I'm almost curious if someone were to do a poll as to how many would buy this day 1, on sale, or never.  Could this be this year's "Assault on Hoth" winner?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO have finally scraped below the bottom of the barrel. Since this is destined to bomb, I wonder if it could be pulled after the first production run and become a sleeper set? All we need is for those uncreative amoeba at Disney to release Episode XIV The Revenge of the Porgs. I still can't believe it's not a joke either.

24 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LEGO have finally scraped below the bottom of the barrel. Since this is destined to bomb, I wonder if it could be pulled after the first production run and become a sleeper set? All we need is for those uncreative amoeba at Disney to release Episode XIV The Revenge of the Porgs. I still can't believe it's not a joke either.

I have a feeling this won't bomb.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...