Darth_Raichu

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Hogwarts-Castle-71043

Hogwarts™ Castle

Price$399.99
Coming Soon on Sep 1 2018

Explore the magic of Hogwarts™ Castle!

US $399.99 – CA $499.99 – DE 399.99€ – UK £349.99 – FR 419.99€ – DK 3499DK
Available from 15th August.

Make the magic come alive at the LEGO® Harry Potter™ 71043 Hogwarts™ Castle! This highly detailed LEGO Harry Potter collectible has over 6,000 pieces and offers a rewarding build experience. It comes packed with highlights from the Harry Potter series, where you will discover towers, turrets, chambers, classrooms, creatures, the Whomping Willow™ and Hagrid´s hut, plus many more iconic features. And with 4 minifigures, 27 microfigures featuring students, professors and statues, plus 5 Dementors, this advanced building set makes the perfect Harry Potter gift.

• Includes 4 minifigures: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin and Rowena Ravenclaw, with a buildable minifigure display stand.
  • Also features 27 microfigures: Harry Potter™, Ron Weasley™, Hermione Granger™, Draco Malfoy™, Albus Dumbledore™, Professor Snape™, Professor McGonagall™, Remus Lupin, Professor Dolores Umbridge™, Argus Filch, Lord Voldemort™, Bellatrix Lestrange, 3 students from each of the 4 houses, 2 chess pieces and the Architect of Hogwarts™ statue and 5 Dementors, plus Aragog the spider and the Basilisk figures, and a buildable Hungarian Horntail dragon.
  • Features a buildable microscale model of Hogwarts™ Castle, hut of Hagrid™, Whomping Willow™ tree and 5 boats.
  • Hogwarts™ Castle features the Great Hall with buildable ‘stained glass windows’, house banners, benches, tables, flaming torches and moving staircases; potions classroom with racks of jar elements; Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with assorted potion jars, gramophone and a closet containing a boggart; Chessboard Chamber with chess piece elements; Room of Requirement with assorted elements, including the Goblet of Fire and the vanishing cabinet; Chamber of Secrets™ with the Basilisk and Tom Riddle’s Diary; hidden Devils Snare room with vine elements; Gryffindor™ common room with fireplace and seating; Professor Dolores Umbridge’s office with desk, chair and pink furnishings; library with bookcase and desks; and Professor Dumbledore’s office with the Griffin statue entrance and Memory cabinet.
  • Hagrid’s hut features Aragog the spider and buildable pumpkins.
  • The Whomping Willow™ includes the buildable blue Flying Ford Anglia car in its spinning branches.
  • Also includes 5 buildable boats.
  • Take a seat in the Great Hall and feast with the Hogwarts™ professors and students!
  • Sneak your way into the Chamber of Secrets™ through the secret entrance and face the Basilisk!
  • Attend a Defence Against the Dark Arts class to learn how to protect yourself from dark magic!
  • Climb the moving staircase!
  • Study for your Ordinary Wizarding Level exams in the library.
  • Accessory elements include the Sword of Gryffindor™, Helga Hufflepuff´s cup, wands, potions, house banners, flames, a cauldron and 2 magnifying glasses.
  • Microfigure accessories include 2 chess statues and the Architect of Hogwarts™ statue.
  • Hogwarts™ Castle measures over 22” (58cm) high, 27” (69cm) wide and 16” (43cm) deep.

71043_alt1.jpg

71043_alt21.jpg

71043_Side_03.jpg

• Like 2

Love it. Better than expected. When I heard it would be microscale I was a bit disappointed. I knew one with a bunch of figs could never cover everything, but I was still never a microscale guy. But this is an excellent surprise, the interior is much better than I thought. I figured it would be a great looking outside but would be solid on the inside, maybe a room or two. They did a great job with all the rooms, covered quite a few of the important ones. The inclusion of the 4 founders is good (where them printed arms tho...?) The only thing that is a bit strange is it doesn't look like there is a Hagrid microfigure, and, in my opinion, Harry, Ron, Hermione should have been included in the minifigure stand. Should have been exclusive figs w/printed arms but that would have made 7 real minifigs so I can see why they didn't go that route. It will be interesting to see how much it weighs. Tons of tiny pieces my bet is it weighs about the same as 75159.

• Like 2

From the outside it looks pretty damn kewl, but the inside with the micro scale figs looks odd with over sided elements in the rooms. The amount of really large stickers is also a bummer. Trying to get those on straight is a real B%$*@........... Overall as a display piece from the outside is really nice........ Better be for $400.........Yowza

The full size mini figs will be very sought after         $20-30 each easy............$$$$

Edited by longshot

I know that it's likely just me, but I am not impressed - I just think that many of the detailed sections look dumb.

Overall, from far away, the exterior/layout looks great - But up close, much of it looks a bit sad.

Hopefully, I will feel differently when the family & I build it.

Edited by KShine

Guest TabbyBoy

This looks like an amazing set, but LEGO really have to work on their pricing levels as it's far too expensive for what it is. There's only so much that people are willing to pay for a current mass (over)produced set. I know we have the price-per-brick, but a price-per-ounce/gramme would be more helpful. The number of pieces are meaningless to most as LEGO add tiny bricks where a larger one would suffice, just to make the count look good. Misleading the customer like this is just wrong.

It would have been cool if there were some passageways. For example, a chute that went from the bathroom to the chamber of secrets. Or a secret passageway from the third book which went from a room to the outside of the school. The type of thing where a nano could just fit it and fall to the bottom. Just a pipe dream but maybe could be modified into the build itself

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

It would have been cool if there were some passageways. For example, a chute that went from the bathroom to the chamber of secrets. Or a secret passageway from the third book which went from a room to the outside of the school. The type of thing where a nano could just fit it and fall to the bottom. Just a pipe dream but maybe could be modified into the build itself

We will just have to MOC a Microscale Hogsmeade and have a pathway from the Whomping Willow to the Shrieking Shack.

• Like 1

We will just have to MOC a Microscale Hogsmeade and have a pathway from the Whomping Willow to the Shrieking Shack.

If the hogwarts does well perhaps a micro scale surrounding area could be released. Could include hogsmeade, a quidditch pitch, triwizard task areas, the shrieking shack and a few trees for the forbidden forest. Would be a great way for them to include micros they missed such as hagrid and Sirius, and, of course, make more money.

• Like 1

This set is a home run! The exclusive figs are unexpected and a really cool addition to this fantastic display piece. I can't even understand how people are complaining about this!
We'll see if people are still iffy on this in a few days. Bugatti was getting a lot of hate at first too but people seem to be coming around. In fact, seems like every big release here is met with mostly hate at first and then people start coming around.

Haters, haters, everywhere!

• Like 1

Nice looking set and nothing else. Disney Castle has significantly more appeal for kids where you can play with characters.

With micro scaled you can mistake them with the long grain rice on your plate.

No one cares about the scale. Kids wan't to play with it not just a stare and collect the dust every friday.

Missed opportunity. Will sail on the same boat soon among with "UCS" Jokerland.

ad.png

• Haha 1