71043 - Hogwarts Castle

Darth_Raichu

Not a Harry Potter fan, but it looks pretty cool, quite like it actually. I don't mind the nanofigs, but the ones that should have longer hair look silly without it.

The scale would work well for my needs in displaying if i ever decided to get it, definitely not at $500 CAD though.

• Like 1

Boy people are hard to please! I get some of the critiques but man, what else can they do. They seem to be hopefully heading down a path where they'll release a few more castle sets to put a Hogwarts together (need a Gryffindor Tower set) in more of a minifig scale.

This is an awesome display model though. I'm amazed they didn't price it at $499, I think it sells easily with that many pieces (I get there are a lot of small ones). I'm excited because it also looks fun to build! Few repetitive sections and I'm sure tons of creative techniques you can't even see in the pics.

For me they knocked it out of the park on this one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Quick flip possibilities for this? There’s doesn’t seem to be much of a buzz here.... overshadowed by all the other recent and pending HP sets?

All depends how many TLG make in the first run and how long it takes to replenish if it does OOS.

Other stores won´t be getting these till late October so there is a possible pre-xmas window too.

Yet another signing event at Leicester Square Store....

71043.PNG.e30d0695de5a76718d63a774127efac3.PNG

Facebook feed says from 15:00

Meet Justin Ramsden - an official LEGO Designer and the master mind behind LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle Set!
Don't miss your chance to catch Justin in our Flagship Store at Leicester Square on August 15th and get your set signed!

Make sure to have your LEGO Shop VIP card ready as this will be your key for accessing the event and getting the set early. It will be possible to buy up to 2 sets per person.

What's up with all the special events at this particular store?  Kinda BS if you ask me.  
Well, I suppose it's because Lego consider this their "Flagship" store as well as largest store in the world.

As a London boy I'd say it's because the store is in the greatest city in the world ;-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Well, I suppose it's because Lego consider this their "Flagship" store as well as largest store in the world.

As a London boy I'd say it's because the store is in the greatest city in the world ?

Funny that their "flagship" store is in the UK instead of Denmark.  I hear the new "flagship" store will be in Beijing, China...next to the Lepin "flagship" store.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw this in store today. Very impressive and lots of detail. Displaying this monstrosity will be an issue for sure. You will want to access both sides (or just one depending on how you plan on using the set) and NOT want to move it. Actually, not even sure how you would do such a move, maybe a carrying technique like the UCS MF will be available. The footprint of this set is very large, maybe the largest yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Actually, not even sure how you would do such a move, maybe a carrying technique like the UCS MF will be available. The footprint of this set is very large, maybe the largest yet.

It is probably built in 4-5 separate sections, and then the sections are snapped together.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 8/3/2018 at 6:01 PM, thebrickdad said:

As a London boy I'd say it's because the store is in the greatest city in the world ?

As a fellow patriot, I'd love to 100% agree with you, but London WAS the greatest city in the World. To be honest, I was quite surprised how small the Leicester Square shop was so FOK how tiny the others must be. It was my first visit to a LEGO store and one I won't queue up again for. I've seen more stock in Smyths and John Lewis branches!

J K Rowling actually deserves the credit for designing Hogwarts ?

Dubai store is much bigger than London One, new HK store is bigger than Leicester as well.
Calculating the space they are calculating overall used square meter space including office, backoffice, main storage and underground warehouse where they keep darth revan's polybags red arm c3-po and R2-D2 buildable poly in amount of hundreds in large stacking bins.